Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repairing old Minelabs

GA1dad

Pardon me if I've posted in the wrong area. I've begun looking at possibly buy an older used Minelab like the Quattro or one of the Explorer's. What can one expect should he buys a discontinued machine and it fails? While Minelab may not offer service, are there other avenues for repairs? Or do they simply become parts machines.

Thanks in advance,,, just looking for a clear view of what "could" happen.

You will get answers. it's Sunday, and many are busy ..

Don't know about the US but there is a company in the UK called.
metaldetectorrepairs.com who I think used to be a Minelab service centre, so if you have any problems may be worth having a look.

Thanks for the reply MikeO. I did look at your sticky, but didn't find the answer to my question there,, which made me think maybe my question wasn't clear. Let me try a different way,,

What do you do for repairs (( after )) Minelab no longer offers service or support? For example, seems I read somewhere that Minelab no longer offers service or support for the Quattro unit, and while looking at their website I saw something that said they only offer service for up to seven years after a unit is discontinued,,,, but what do you do after the seven years and you have a failure on a discontinued machine. Are there other avenues besides Minelab that source parts and or service?

All explorers and quatro-safari are the same, you can interchange boards between them. Stop worrying- allot not expensive explorers around.

I think you will be ok to buy a used Exp2 ..I did on eBay for $550 2 years ago...it was in excellent shape and have had no problems for 2 years. I bought it because my board went bad on my Explorer XS that I purchased in 2002. I bought a new board last year from the ex Minelab design leader in England who started his own business making outdated boards for the Explorers. I paid $75 for it from England. My old Explorer XS is now like new again and good for another 14 years. Feel safe and buy one of the best detectors the world has ever seen! Ebay always has nice newer machines for sale or bidding on! Good Luck! ;)