Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repairs on older Garrett

E.V.

I have an original Grand Master Hunter that needs repair-all metal sometimes does not work, also pinpoint. Does anybody know a repair shop I could contact?

Most likely the push pads are worn out. I bought a used CX II last week. The ON push pad didn't work, detector was dead. I installed a toggle switch on the side panel to turn it on, soldered two wires to the circuit board, now it works fine.

Probably not the push pads-it worked fine till I fell in the woods with it in my hand. I had my Naughty in one hand and the Grand Master in the other. I really like that Garrett too...

[size=medium]The 2 best places to go is Call Garrett and talk to them ,,or .. go to the web site,,,, east texas metal detectors ,,, Also known as ,, brokendetectors.com , and that is Keith Wills ,, 903-734-7773[/size]

check the ribbon cable running from the inside of the pushpad to the motherboard..most likely you jarred it loose enough to intermittently lose connection