Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repeated At Pro Problem.

Hey guys, my brother got an At Pro last year and it worked great...until he plugged the headphones in. Once the headphones were plugged in that first time the external speaker basically quit working. You couldn't detect without headphones because the speaker got so quiet. So finally two weeks ago he sent the At Pro in to get the speaker fixed. Garrett was great, just sent a new contol box rather than fix the old one. Tried it out, speaker worked great..did one hunt with headphones....unplugged them....speaker just like it was before...barely audible. It must be something with the headphones I'm thinking...shorting out the speaker maybe? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

That's a new one on me - certainly not normal behavior. I have the AT Pro and AT Gold, and occasionally hunt without headphones & no volume problem here. It does sound like there is an issue with the headphones- -he just needs to give Garret a call and send both in. They'll get him fixed up. Kind of a hassle, but at least they're a good company to deal with and have a speedy repair department.

Thank you for the response William. It's odd for sure, it's like the moment the headphones are plugged in, the external speaker is ruined for good. That's been the case with 2 At Pro's so far...same headphones used on both machines though. The unit as never even seen rain let alone being in the water.

That's a weird problem with the headphones. I couldn't function without my headphones and propointer. I know Garrett will get it fixed, it's just a hassle to be without your AT/Pro. I'm blessed to have the 2500 as a backup if something happens to the pro and vice versa for the 2500. Good luck with your problem.

I think it must be either the device that turns off the speaker as the headphones are plugged in OR the part of the headphones that activate or deactivate it. Email or call Garrett to see.