Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Replacement headphones

RC

I have an excalibur with yellow headphones. They slip, slide and generally dont stay put. I was looking to replace them with something better. I looked at Grey Ghost but could not find any for Excalibur if they even have one. Any recommendations that wont break my bank

1. Order the parts and build your own.
2. Get an endcap with the ctx connector. Then you can use ctx headphones.

Last edited:
Its going to also depend on if you dive or not.

I echo what cw3 said. I just purchased an endcap with the CTX connector from Detector Center (Minelab Service in PA), and a set of Tony's custom headphones with CTX connector. My Excal II yellow headphones lost the cable jacket close to the control pod. I will add a CTX connector to them as well and keep them as a backup. Keep in mind, like cw3 stated, that you will be limited in depth due to the IP68 rating on the new connector. I only wade, so its not an issue for me.

2. Get an endcap with the ctx connector. Then you can use ctx headphones.

I echo what cw3 said. I just purchased an endcap with the CTX connector from Detector Center (Minelab Service in PA), and a set of Tony's custom headphones with CTX connector. My Excal II yellow headphones lost the cable jacket close to the control pod. I will add a CTX connector to them as well and keep them as a backup. Keep in mind, like cw3 stated, that you will be limited in depth due to the IP68 rating on the new connector. I only wade, so its not an issue for me.

Doing what both these folks recommend can let you use the Gray Ghost Amphibian II headphones that have the CTX connector, again, only if you aren't diving.

I just looked at the specifications for the grey Ghost Amphibians and they are rated to 200 feet (I was surprised). It may be an issue of connector integrity as you get deeper that has people here concerned. The advertising says they work well at depth; I can not verify that as I wade and when I get water over the headphones, I'm not listening for targets, I'm looking to get my head above water again.
The other things that are getting some more recent attention are bone conduction headphones. They have been around for a while and are getting renewed interest now that the Deus II has them for dive use.