Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Replacing meter pad on White's black big box analogs

rlchntr

Mine are mostly worn off on a few of my detectors. White's does not stock them. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe cutting a mouse pad to shape and super glue.

That's a great idea, mouse pad.

Most big hardware stores sell pads like these even same thickness. I've purchased a sheet, last forever for projects.

You may want to loosen and remove screw holding meter assembly, then after trimming a piece of foam slip in between handle and lower meter assembly. Slice a thin slit so the mounting bracket and wires neatly tuck in the center of pad. Then, Remount and tighten screw holding meter assembly to bracket.

What I found is, the foam keeps the meter assembly tight and snug. No wiggle, keep us posted.

Paul

Hey thanks for your reply Paul. I've gained great knowledge from your posts for years and will follow your example. I need to hit up a hardware store soon and will add the foam to my look for list. Mouse pad I have is a wee thick.

- Gary