Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repost of original post in the new forum... Keep that in mind when you read it. It's dated.

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
What we really don't have here and haven't done on a large scale since Hartford was some sort of get together. This time we're thinking of putting together a real nuts and bolts seminar/hunting trip. We'll have a seminar put on by Golddigger just on the Minelab, other brands by other experts.

I'm re-editing this post since everything was lost inadvertently by one of my admins last night. I can only speak about any fee based seminars and hunting trips for the Minelab. Other brands might have something later but we'll have to see. I only have truly expert Minelab knowledge at my disposal in Golddigger. We'll for sure not charge anyone using another brand for showing up to meet others. We will try to work a program out for everyone and as it evolves I will announce it. Please keep putting out ideas. If there is no seminar for a given brand you are still welcome to come and hunt as where we're picking out will be plenty big. Not that we haven't already worked out the thousands of acres of parks around here but we can't of got everything. Lots of BBQ pits and picnic tables. We'll have a good time.

On the Minelab most of you know Golddigger leaves very little knowledge untouched and would be an ideal person to be giving a seminar. No one loves to call you over to what he's about to dig and explain the whys of it like Jim does. We're thinking of offering a seminar in a park for a certain amount of money. It has to be worth it for me and Jim's time to put this together. Getting to meet a bunch of you is always a blast. Most every hunt we've ever had has been fun in that way. And we really did have the first one back in Louisville ages ago. This time we're thinking of having a certain amount of people that we'll take the time to bring up to speed on what we know about the Minelab. We'll make the seminar affordable yet profitable enough for me and Jim to want to give up our weekend.

Now here's the kicker. We will have a smaller group that wants to buy an official hunt trip with us. Maybe 15 to 20 guys. If we get a few other of our local experts we might have more room. We'll have worked a few weeks ahead and marked some likely looking signals in a local park that we'll go to letting everyone swing their coils over the targets and then explain why you should dig or not dig. Once we go to hunting we'll always call others over before any digging. That's just plain fun. Especially when Golddigger swears it's not just a dime but a very thin, deep dime.

At this point it's only an idea. We watch others drop $200 apiece to hunt spots that are so hunted out it's unthinkable yet they return every year and give their money up just so they can have fun hunting with friends they've met online. Relics is a bit easier to have a whole area to hunt. Most of the folks at our site are old coin hunters. This is really for the coin hunters. We do have a few huge parks here in St. Louis with covered areas you can reserve ahead of time. We might even film the seminar to sell online to those who can't come.

Anyway... I'm dropping this out here to see who has interest. If you do or have some ideas let me know by posting to this. At this point I'm thinking late in the summer unless we get bowled over by input here.

Prices for the Minelab seminar will probably be around $100 per person. The actual hunt with a limited number of folks should be around $125 per day as I'm thinking of breaking it into 2 different day hunts.

More Minelab hunts might become available if we get one more expert. We'll work on finding some promising targets a couple weeks ahead so we have some for sure things to discuss while on the hunt without knowing for sure what these targets even are.

That's it for now... Guvner..