Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Requesting help from local hunters - reward for effort

bdk103

So sorry for the duplicate post, my original was in the wrong area.

Hello,

Lake McMaster, outside of Victoria, Illinois is a strip mine lake that has incredibly clear water and abundant weed beds. Last weekend, I captured a moment on the lake with my Dad (nice fish) and have footage and photos on a Gopro Hero 7 Black ($400, plus $60 SD card). The camera was on an 8" stand with metal throughout the assembly. The stand was "glued" in place, but the force it encountered knock it off into about 4 feet of water. It's sitting close to the bank on a flat shelf that breaks down to 30ft; however, with the weed growth where it was dropped, I'm very confident it's not near the break and can be recovered with the right tools and effort. The search area is 5-6 feet square, depth 3-5 ft. The heavy weed growth is what's hindering me from seeing the camera, because the water is very clear as state earlier. I'd say there's a week window to recover the camera before the weeds really take over and become unsafe to navigate. I'd be willing to do the dive/grabbing if there's anyway someone knows or could assist in pinpointing the device. I have 3 kayaks.

That being said, If anyone can help out physically, there's a $200 reward, find it or not, but I ask that you be experienced with the tools that may be needed. If you happen to find it, I would also give you the $400 camera (SD card not included). Any other information on how I should approach this, it's welcomed and appreciated.

GoPro camera can last several months, even more underwater without damage.

I'm in a bit of a rush, so I apologize if I broke any forum rules in the message.

Best Regards,
BK

A very strong magnet on a rope might be a good possibility here. It's called magnet fishing. There should be a lot of information on the internet about this. I know that people pull outboard motors and other large objects from lakes, so a tripod and camera should be no problem. The biggest problem I see is getting the magnet too close to the SD card and erasing the pictures, but as a last resort, it might work. You might also want to post this in the "Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum" here on Findmall.