Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rescued a kinda rare WWII pin today...

gunwolf

Matt from Tennessee Adventures and I decided to hit up some curb strips this morning... seems like when I tag along he finds no silver but I always seem to squeak one or two out! got a nice high tone at 6" but the numbers were low like a zinc... but I decided to check it because I liked the smooth high tone( it's all about the tones) and found this Sterling marked pin and had no Idea what it could be... came home and my research led me to the "Air Transport Command" formed in WWII to get supplies to the battle front. I never heard of this branch and I come from a family of military aviators. no silver coins today but it was a fun hunt... something other than hunted out parks!
oGaECgX.jpg

b64Ng4p.jpg

8xTEKS4.jpg

Just wondering if it ties to the post WWII West Berlin airlift?

Just wondering if it ties to the post WWII West Berlin airlift?
Not sure, just from what I have read they were dissolved or adsorbed when the US airforce was formed in 1947 they did fly missions in occupied Germany till 45

ATC was name changed to xxx and for the life of me I cannot remember what that is……. Yes, before 1947 if was Army Air Corps.