Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rescued more lead this morning

IowaRelic

Another average hunt this morning. Working a mid-century small dump on a wood line near some big ol powerlines again. G2 and sharpshooter get the cred.
93ED3BD0-FFC1-4B20-8820-622BAEFC4512.jpeg

Excellent finds. Congrats. What is the piece with the hole on the bottom left?
That’s a great question and to me it the most interesting piece I found. It’s very symmetrical and uniform thickness as well as roundness aside from the obvious damage. So at one time it was a perfect disc. Does not appear to be a hammered bullet. It was found amongst bullets though.

Could this have possibly been a carved game piece? Well Done on the Save of the CW lead. My hunting pard and myself rescued some lead last weekend and hope to rescue some more this weekend. Still a thrill after all these years.

That’s a great question and to me it the most interesting piece I found. It’s very symmetrical and uniform thickness as well as roundness aside from the obvious damage. So at one time it was a perfect disc. Does not appear to be a hammered bullet. It was found amongst bullets though.
Here's the one I found next to a mini ball and always wonder about it.
100_3262.JPG

Yours is actually very different from mine. Yours looks more like a splattered Williams cleaner and that’s where the plunger may have went it. I found a couple close looking to that, only way I knew it was a cleaner was the plunger was still in the hole.
Thank you. I just wasn't sure.