Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Research is like digging low vdi signals.

Dustyroundup

Howdy all,
LOL
Dang , I have been researching an old ski hill from 1937, and
an old smelter / town/ with an old picnic area down the creek. (based on a 1900's map)

The old town site is on County land , so I went and talked to the guy in charge.and got permission.
(I also had it cleared with local police and the county officials , but I wanted to ok it with the Parks guy, )
I thought the ski hill was on N.F., but found out it was private, so figured I'd look up the owner.

I researched hard!, Ive got notes on which ski run was built in what year, and tow ropes being built and taken down, add ons to the buildings etc.

Anyhow, I bumped into a local detector yesterday, and I guess you could say, he busted my bubble , big time.

He said the old town was under 20 feet of slag, and the outlying areas included have had the arsenic dirt hauled out and reclaimed with good dirt.
But, he said it was good digging at night, while they were doing the reclamation, LOL, 50 coins in two hours he said.
And , he said the caretakers of the property where the ski hill was are , well? he said they werent nice.

So, now dang it! I feel sort of lost. Like i dont know where to pick up.?

I jumped into the old historical books last night, and I just cant seem to come up with a spot to research for detecting.

But , I guess I did learn alot about those two areas.
LOL, even though I really dont care if I cant detect them.LOL

Yep , research is like digging low vdi signals I guess.
Ya might find a gold ring, and ya might find a pulltab.
I just happened to dig two pull tabs, and I dug DEEP. LOL

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Dusty

[size=large]yer takin this guys word? he might just not want you pickin his holes. if these folks weren't nice, how'd he get on the property, or did he?
now he just might be telling the truth but talking to the owners yourself will be the only sure fire way to know. all they can say is no.

HH[/size]

Good point there, widebody.
True, I should still go talk to the caretakers.
and I will.
My personality might just "click" with them.
But , This guy has been nice to me from the start, always offering info.and gives hints of good spots , and the history of those spots.
? But, you never know? maybe he is working me?
Hmm , never thought about that?
Thanks widebody
Dusty

That's some good work in any case Dusty...it'll pay off for you in some way. I gotta say I agree with widebody. You may have been told the truth but since you've come this far you might as well follow through and ask..couldn't hurt. Good luck and I hope it pays off for you big...

The other point of interest is there is no such thing as a hunted out spot. I like hunting the edges or hard to hunt portions of a property. I have found some of my very best finds in places people told me were hunted out or no good. HH John

Yeah,
You guys are right . I'm still going to have to see for myself.
The old town is along a creek. and there is a bike path there now. It is run by parks /County.
And I have permission , so it'll be worth spending a nice day out at.
We'll see, what comes of it.

But, I'm back at looking for leads again.
I'll Probably head down to the library, today.

Dusty