Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Researched then finally made the trip into the woods among the huge pine trees.

JimmyCT

Trying to stay close to home due to gas prices and a broken right foot, I decided to re-look at many areas around me. I was using overlay maps and noticed an old dirt road some distance in the woods from a park. Yes, with my broken right foot and determination, I packed up and headed to my destination. It took a bit to get to the location in the woods due to me walking on my heel, but I made it!! Utilizing my trusty Equinox 800, I start scanning along this old dirt road / path. Not many signals but there was iron present. as I was heading towards an area where this dirt road / path joins to another one, I heard a broken high tone. I slowed my coil speed down to a crawl and performed tiny little sweeps right over the suspect target. This extracted more target information from the iron. TID rose to 26-27. The tone was a nice soft and smooth high tone. I could tell it was at a good depth based on the audio provided. I dug down the depth of my blade then checked the hole with my pin pointer. The pin pointer indicated it was still in the hole. Dug a bit deeper in the soft, sandy soil and checked the dirt pile with my pin pointer... I was thinking a merc dime but I was dead wrong!!
I just found an 1847 Seated Dime!! 😮😮
My oldest dime to date! I think for a moment in time I forgot all about my broken foot 😂😂😂 I hunted a while longer and found a 1911 wheatie. After that I knew it was time to get home and get off my foot🤣.

Attachments

• IMG_5043 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5043 - Copy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 181
Trying to stay close to home due to gas prices and a broken right foot, I decided to re-look at many areas around me. I was using overlay maps and noticed an old dirt road some distance in the woods from a park. Yes, with my broken right foot and determination, I packed up and headed to my destination. It took a bit to get to the location in the woods due to me walking on my heel, but I made it!! Utilizing my trusty Equinox 800, I start scanning along this old dirt road / path. Not many signals but there was iron present. as I was heading towards an area where this dirt road / path joins to another one, I heard a broken high tone. I slowed my coil speed down to a crawl and performed tiny little sweeps right over the suspect target. This extracted more target information from the iron. TID rose to 26-27. The tone was a nice soft and smooth high tone. I could tell it was at a good depth based on the audio provided. I dug down the depth of my blade then checked the hole with my pin pointer. The pin pointer indicated it was still in the hole. Dug a bit deeper in the soft, sandy soil and checked the dirt pile with my pin pointer... I was thinking a merc dime but I was dead wrong!!
My oldest dime to date! I think for a moment in time I forgot all about my broken foot 😂😂😂 I hunted a while longer and found a 1911 wheatie. After that I knew it was time to get home and get off my foot🤣.
WOW.....Very nice ! congrats!
somewhere down along the road is a great place to search !
Again....WOW !

WOW.....Very nice ! congrats!
somewhere down along the road is a great place to search !
Again....WOW !
Thank you

Very nice find Jim, but you should have stayed home and rested your foot…🤭
That is an incredible find under those circumstances…that coin has been waiting for you all these years!
Congrats on your oldest dime to date!!!👍👍
Thank you Felix!! Thanks for the advice buddy…but I am going nuts watching some people dig silver half dollars 🤬 I needed a fix 😂

Nice story.
Awesome find.
Congratulations.
Hopefully that foot gets better soon.

Congrats & praying for your foot to be completely healed so hunting can be done before Winter sets in! Ma

We used to say a pound of research gets you a ton of knowledge, and in this case the knowledge was discovering someone dropped a coin in a location you researched. Thus you stood where someone else stood a 150 years ago, rather humbling. I recently was gifted a rather large copy of a map that shows where every logging camp for a certain large timber company was at the turn of the last century within 50-75 miles of here. Cant wait to roll that out on the floor and start researching.
I bet you never felt that foot on the way out 😉

We used to say a pound of research gets you a ton of knowledge, and in this case the knowledge was discovering someone dropped a coin in a location you researched. Thus you stood where someone else stood a 150 years ago, rather humbling. I recently was gifted a rather large copy of a map that shows where every logging camp for a certain large timber company was at the turn of the last century within 50-75 miles of here. Cant wait to roll that out on the floor and start researching.
I bet you never felt that foot on the way out 😉
Foot was feeling great 😂
That map sounds exciting !! Treasures in the deep woods! I can help with this too 🫢
1656518050959.png

Jimmy just your discription of the spot gets me all stirred up , Good thing you you over came your Obstakles, and went ,