Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

researching older POSTS

inchworm54

since nov. 2015my quest for knowledge about this sport,hobby,passtime,WAY OF LIFE?!...has been spent looking backwards through the forums posts! I can say now that research truely dose pay off ! I AM AT PAGE 140 NOW 7would like to know if there is a quicker way to go from page one to page141 rather than skip 2 pages at a TIME???ANY advise/help will earn my humble gratitude ! thank you all very much. KEEP DIGGIN!

You are doing better than me buddy. I went by the whine and suckhole route particularly with John. I was lucky that he had the patience. No wait, this was the sequence, clueless, whine, suckhole because too lazy to read. Idolize, suck up some more for better info, slowly learn machines a bit and start finding things, get arrogant and become a know it all, realize that I was being a jerk,..... leveled out for the most part, but it took years. After finding some neat stuff the raging fire has turn to a mellow burn and I can appreciate simpler digs as just being nice and fun.

For me and I will guess most of us will read about our hobby when we can't be out detecting. Especially for those of us where the weather makes detecting not so fun during a good portion of the year. I read through the older posts like you when I felt I was missing something when older threads were referenced. It was like being the new member in the group of old friends saying you remember that day when and smiling. I have found good information in the older threads that is relevant to my learning our hobby. For me I have discovered some gold nuggets of wisdom in those old posts. Some of the best have come from within a thread where a comment turns the light bulb on for me to a new idea. For now your doing research reading back in the threads and I'm not aware of any shortcuts for that process. I found having a note book handy was a good idea during my archival reading.

detectin4fun said:
For me and I will guess most of us will read about our hobby when we can't be out detecting. Especially for those of us where the weather makes detecting not so fun during a good portion of the year. I read through the older posts like you when I felt I was missing something when older threads were referenced. It was like being the new member in the group of old friends saying you remember that day when and smiling. I have found good information in the older threads that is relevant to my learning our hobby. For me I have discovered some gold nuggets of wisdom in those old posts. Some of the best have come from within a thread where a comment turns the light bulb on for me to a new idea. For now your doing research reading back in the threads and I'm not aware of any shortcuts for that process. I found having a note book handy was a good idea during my archival reading.

And it is funny how it makes sense when we are ready for some info. There is an old saying " When the student is ready, the master appears". I can be told something, or read something several times, but it wont "click" until I am ready. My theory is that we have so much background noise swirling around in our heads, work, school, family committments, change that wiper blade, etc., that our mental processing may be jammed at times.

Please forgive me if i clouded up the issue. What i was trying to find out is....on a different forum ,to search older posts a person can go from page 1 to page 101 by clicking on the page 101. It looks like this at the top of the forum screen...../pg 1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /101 /111 /201.... instead of this on this forum screen..... pg 1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /9.....so i ask again , must i search by skipping just 2 pages at a time or can i skip 100 + PAGES AT A TIME SOME HOW ? PLEASE & THANK YOU KEEP DIGGIN MIKE E