Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reset snafu

Ronstar

Finally got Mama to do the threshold fix. That went smoothly.
Instructions say to do factory reset but no instructions in the manual so went to the internet, both short videos were in foreign language 🤬
Did find one article referring to resetting the user profiles so started there, guess what? Headphones no longer paired to detector!!! WTF.
Tried several times to re-pair but no luck. Since I have never saved a profile in C setting I thought maybe if I put a check in each profile and then held button down maybe that would work? Well apparently it did as I got the Fd icon to come on. Then did the same thing again to the headphones and they re-paired.
As of now the headphones work and the threshold now works as well.
Just in case this happens to anyone else this trick might work, IDK………

Instructions say to do factory reset but no instructions in the manual so went to the internet, both short videos were in foreign language 🤬
Did find one article referring to resetting the user profiles so started there, guess what? Headphones no longer paired to detector!!! WTF.
Tried several times to re-pair but no luck. Since I have never saved a profile in C setting I thought maybe if I put a check in each profile and then held button down maybe that would work? Well apparently it did as I got the Fd icon to come on. Then did the same thing again to the headphones and they re-paired.
Great info. Thanks

Ronstar you do the factory reset for the threshold that you do when installing the 1.09 update if you are trying to find instructions as to how to do the reset it is in the newely updated 1.09 manual if you have not already down loaded the new 1.09 manual I highly suggest you do because the manuals that came with 1.04, 1.05, or 1.07 does not contain that info and factory reset is only available if the legend is updated to 1.09 which obviously yours is the threshold update can only be performed if you have the 1.09 installed in your Legend

here is the updated manual for 1.09

The Legend User Manual (EN)ViewDownload

I have the separate sheet they included with the 1.09 update. I probably backdoor did the same thing instead of just marching thru the front door. As far as I can tell its done, threshold now goes past 11 with no more pulsing sounds. Now we are under 6” of snow with another 6” coming Wednesday so might be awhile before I’m out again to confirm changes.
Thanks for the link. I have original 07 manual and the two sheet update downloaded in phone but its time to delete those and put in the new one!