Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Results of my plan to dig ONLY 00-29:rofl:

tomtowns

Last week I headed down to capitol park with the intention of digging only 00-29 as a sort of personal experiment...Was a pretty nice day all said but as soon as I got the noise cancelling done I realized it would be a lot harder to do than I had thought...:huh:...OK I think, I'll JUST dig what I think are dimes & quarters...no sooner than this idea crosses my field of thought...(more of a parking space than a field)...I get a real solid 07-25...As hard as I willed myself I couldn't get more than about a foot away without looking back at the very spot & with X-Ray vision I could actually SEE that large mens 18k gold ring with the 1.5 carat Diamond sitting motionless under about 4" of topsoil...Turns out that I need to see an optomitrist about the X-Ray vision...It's not as sharp as it once was...or maybe it was just the angle of the sun glinting off the copper that made it appear to be gold...:blink:...well about 4 hrs. later my grand total was 18 quarters 22 dimes 25 pennies a 4 oz. chunk of aluminum a 3" square of copper sheet a 3/4 X 6" copper pipe & about 4 wine bottle caps that read from 00-25 to 27 (again my X-Ray vision failed)... No good silver, no gold, not even a wheatie but I did learn a good lesson....before I try this again I need to get the X-Ray vision up & working properly...HH...TT

Maybe there was Kryptonite nearby and you just couldn't sense it Superman! Maybe that is why your vision was whacked. :rofl: I just hope that it doesn't cost you an ARM and a LEG to get fixed! :devil: Could end your detecting career. Good Luck and HH!:thumbup:

Hi tomtowns,
Run all metal, ferrous, and dig everything that gives a high tone except crown caps, otherwise you will lie in bed thinking about that tone you left in the ground "was it a gold ring or not" If your not digging pull tabs your not digging gold rings.

All the best...Boony