Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

return to a lot that always produces allot of finds

Texas Ted

always find allot of stuff on this lot. not finding many old coins yet have found a few in past trips here, every trip i find a few oldies. I have found old buttons the best being a general service confederate button. the bullet i found today is a WW1 bullet says u.s.c.co. 18 stamped where the primer is. found a couple of older buttons today also. I like finding the older relics more than i do the coins but its all good

Looks good! :clapping: I dont think you are missing much...what machine are you running?
Mud

Nice haul! What kind of dates are you digging?

I don't dig much garbage, unless there is a bunch of smashed cans, those always sound like a good target. I can pretty much tell what pull tabs and screw caps sound like.

on this hunt no old coins found. but was only out for about 4 hours. dates are 60's on up. previous hunts have only produced one silver barber dime, wheat cents oldest 1918 and lots of tokens. some German coins also. There use to be alot of germans in the community im told. in total over 500 coins out of this lot so far, 40 tokens, 5 rings 2 of them silver. other 3 junk but saved them. A couple of knives one worth $100 in condition it is in according to what i found on the internet. There is alot of trash on this lot, i don't think it has ever been hunted much. Wich is surprising for the location. One day i am going to start digging everything and get all the junk out and see what i can really find.

Looks like the area keeps you busy. What are your thoughts on the Vaquero vs the Tejon? I have the Vaquero and love it but been thinking about picking up a Tejon. Thanks

Ted,
I pulled 2 wheats out of a hole after getting an old nail. Not sure if the V was hitting on the nail or the wheats. This thing sure loves iron.