Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Return to Coin Spill site... Hunting bud finds UNBELIEVABLE GOLD coin

umrgolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvY7bIEgnS8

Hey guys, it had been a couple weeks since I found the coin spill with the six silvers. I went back 2 days after the first 6 and found an additional 1842-O dime. Well, the next day I talked the landowner into plowing six plots in the field for me, including the spill site.

Fast forward to today.... Mike Scott and Gene Scullion from Fisher Metal Detectors came into town to hunt with me and my hunting buddy Coach Croft.

Five minutes after we get out of the truck I hear Coach yell "HOLY #$%@, A GOLD COIN" So the three of us run over to see this coin, and FOLKS it is BEAUTIFUL.

Its an 1841-C $2.5 gold coin.. The C mintmark really threw me for a loop so I looked it up on my phone. Minted at the CHARLOTTE, NC mint..

10,200 mintage

He also found the 1827 capped bust dime and 1853 quarter from the same small 20 foot circle. All in all we had a great day between the four of us, but Coach kicked our butts. We found several eagle buttons, and other CW relics but no other coins.

Thanks for looking and congrats Coach!!

- Jeff

Wow no way man. That's an awesome find.

I am booking my flight tonight!!!! Lol congrats to all you guys for some great finds!

great job coach Croft:clapping:I am going to have to get off my lazy butt and drive the hour down there and hunt with you guys. Glad to see you all are having such awesome luck keep it up.

Congratulations on the well deserved honey hole.......:clapping:

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! What signal did teh gold coin give off / how deep was it / what machine was he using / ??? For all those who cannot watch the video. Awesome job Coach :jump:

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! What signal did teh gold coin give off / how deep was it / what machine was he using / ??? For all those who cannot watch the video. Awesome job Coach :jump:

It was a 63 signal on the Fisher Gold Bug DP. Nickels hit 60, so more or less a nickel signal. It was right on top of the ground because I had gotten the landowner to plow the spill site, noted on my last post. Thanks for setting me straight.

Did you watch the video?

The plow scratch on Lady Liberty's chin probably knocked a $1000 off the value.

Wow! You have found yourself one big "dirt bank" lol man you guys are finding some beautiful coins. I am truly happy for you guys and wish you continued success. - Jim

That plowing sure paid off. Unbelieveable. cch.

Dude 63 is the same signal as a pull tab , shame on you for digging tabs, No thats is incredible and a rare date and charlston mint does it get any better , I am happy when i find a cladd quarter , cant imagine somthing like that