Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Return to IH Park - it didn't fail me!

drkp88

I did a quick hunt at an old park I worked pretty well a couple years ago. I dubbed it "IH Park" because I always found at least one IH every time I went there - usually multiples. It became my "go to" place.
I hadn't been there for a couple years and decided to give it a quick shot.
I turned up three IHs - 1890, 1905, 1907. Also four wheats including 1910, 1911, 1914.
My total IHs from this park is 180 and I know there has to be many more.
Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

WOW!!! That is allot of Injuns from one location!! WTG! :clap:

I've kept a spread sheet of all my finds since I started this hobby in 1987. The three indian head cents I dug this week bring my career total to 906 ! The most out of one single park is 487 ! I have all the dates except 1866, 1877, 1908-S and 1909-S. Think I'll have to travel out to San Francisco to find those S mint marks !

Ed (Upstate NY) said:
I've kept a spread sheet of all my finds since I started this hobby in 1987. The three indian head cents I dug this week bring my career total to 906 ! The most out of one single park is 487 ! I have all the dates except 1866, 1877, 1908-S and 1909-S. Think I'll have to travel out to San Francisco to find those S mint marks !

Come on out, we'll see what we can do for ya! :bouncy:

Ed,

I'm still missing a few of the 1870s and sixties. They sure seem a lot harder to find than the more recent dates. But a lot of the IHs I have are in very nice condition, got some sites that are very kind to copper.

Chris

Nice haul 180 indians over the years is a sweet spot for sure Bruce :thumbup:

I am searching areas in an old Fraser 1800's Mi park that no one will hunt anymore! No place is ever hunted out! There are a lot of power lines over the park. The Explorer will tune out disturbance. I have used my 15" wot and too much iron... have to turn sense down to 13 or less to hunt causing no depth detection and not good separation (still good though on beaches and no trash areas).
With this 14.5" R.I.F. DD TURBO COIL from Russia (very light) I can turn the sense up to 21 to 26..sometimes to 29!!!..UNBELIEVABLE! In 6 hunts... 2 to 3 hours ... I have pulled 2 Merc's and 2 rosies 6-10" and 8-$9 in clad...all at 3-12" deep withs 1 to 6 pieces of old iron nails, screws, pull tabs and other trash right next to them (within 1 to 4" away) with overhead high tension wires above! The screen shows the numbers for the trash and the coin jumping back and forth and you can hear the differences distintly! I use deep, full gain..havent need fast yet! .. but move and walk around in a circle once you hear the good tone get the tone to the front of the coil. Pinpoint will show you the other targets...turn it off and when you move ever slow slowly between the trash this coil will give you a clear sound of the coin...then swing or squiggle oh so gently back and forth in a few centimeters and back up slowly until the coin sound has dissappeared...the coin will be right under the front of the coil within an inch 6-12" down!!!
This coil separes and lets the good signal come thru like a 6" Joey coil in trash even though the iron is under the 15" coil along with the coin! Another thing!...when you have 3/4 of the screen blacked out the good signals come in stronger more so than having a clear screen!!! I can't explain this... it is totally unreal! I cant wait to get to areas I have given up on years ago using a multitude of coils I have. I absolutly love this detector and new coil. Remember to ground balance frequntly!!! It makes a big difference... balance it in all metal mode in clear ground with a totally blank screen...no discrinination (Mistake most make). It you are under high tension wires... ground balance holding the detector still horizontal to the ground at waist hight. Also keep coil horizontal to the ground. Remember while huntinting to always have the sensitivity to where you always hear the threshold 80% or more of the SLOW swing no matter how low you have to turn the sensitivity down to!
Get one of these you will not be dissappointed!!! John ;)
FOR: Minelab Explorer, Quattro, E-Trac, Safari

GOT MINE FOR $89.00, NEW, BECAUSE IT HAS 2 SETS OF MOUNTING HOLES (DEFECT) BUT DOES NOT AFFECT A SOLID MOUNTING! TOOK A MONTH AND A HALF TO GET HERE FROM RUSSIA.. THEY MAKE COILS AND OTHER ELECTRONICS FOR THE RUSSIAN MILITARY!

Price $169.95
Compatibility

Old models: Minelab Explorer series XS, II, Quattro MP
New models: Minelab Explorer SE, Safari, E-Trac

Features

Big coil 14.5" (36.5 cm)
With Plastic Cover
Weight 725g (1.6 lbs)
Warranty 1 year

Includes:

coil RIF Turbo 14.5" DD
plastic coil cover for 14.5" DD