Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Return to the Cabin Site

C&RHunter

Yesterday I returned to the cabin site in the woods that I hunted in early March. I have just added an XP Deus to my Minelab arsenal and thought I better hit this site again, before the brush takes over . The site has many ferrous targets, and in particular, a heavy blanket of square nails. Using the new machine went as I expected. I dug more iron than I would like, but I had expected that. (I dug many more pieces of square nails than are in the picture below). But, at the end of the afternoon, I was satisfied with my results. I was pretty much working an area loaded with the low tone of the nails, hoping to find something intermixed with them. It did finally pay off, as I recovered a lightweight brass buckle of some kind, three General Service military buttons, two of which are cuff buttons. The largest of the three buttons doesn't have a backmark but the two cuff buttons do. One cuff button is backmarked Scovills & Co Extra and the other cuff button is backmarked Extra Quality. I am still hoping to find those elusive coins, that "just have to be there someplace".

Attachments

• Buckle 4-25-20.jpg
    Buckle 4-25-20.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Buttons 4-25-20.jpg
    Buttons 4-25-20.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Finds 04-25-20.jpg
    Finds 04-25-20.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 210
Super nice finds. Congrats on saving some history.

Great finds, i have to ask how you are cleaning your buttons. You might be overdoing it some

I use a small brass bristle brush and water. I did use some lemon juice this time and probably wont after this. I may have over cleaned, to determine if these were GS buttons or possibly Infantry etc.