Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rev disc opposite of manual

sws33

I was out to the beach today and was trying to get the hang of the rev disc thing. Every thing I've read and all the videos I've watched say that if a target still sounds off in rev disc that it is likely iron. I found the opposite to be true at my beach. I hunted for about 4 hours today and when I hit a target I would put the finny into rev disc. Here is what I found out after many many targets dug:

1. Bobby pins disappear in reverse disc. I tested this so often that my back hurts from digging.
2. Dimes changed from a low/high signal to a high/low in rev disc
3. Quarters stayed low/high in rev disc
4. Pull tabs all but disappeared in rev disc (unless real close to the surface)
5. Steel bottle caps did not disappear but the signal got real choppy and more quiet
6. Nickles still produced a signal but it was much weaker
7. I buried my wedding band in wet sand around 5" deep and the signal hit hard high/low in regular and rev disc
8. Rusty nails and screws hit high/low in both modes.
9. small steel like staples disappeared in rev disc.

Now all of this seems to fly in the face of all the info I've gathered on the Infinium and while I don't understand why, I like it, I like it a lot:clapping: I'm confident that I can go out, find a target, put it in rev disc and if the signal goes away that I don't need to dig. Has anyone found their Infinium to do this as well? again, today I dug everything regardless of tone in rev disc just to see what it really does. As a side note; I followed in the tracks of a guy using a Minelab Excalibur and took 2 dimes a nickel and 2 pennies right off his foot prints:wiggle: