Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reverse tones (pitch) on the Explorer

The Magician

I have seen a few clips here and there where the users have reversed the tones on the Explorer 2. The high conductive targets give low tones and the low conductive targets give high ones. One mentioned he was in the "conductive" audio setting, so I know it wasn't the "ferrous" audio setting that did it (it can have a similar effect, but that ain't it.)

How do you do this? I've read the manual and played around with settings, couldn't find how.

ferrous tones makes the tone lower the further left the cursor gets and higher the further right the cursor gets.
conductive tones makes the tone lower the further down the cursor gets and higher the further up the cursor gets.
I really don't think there is another way.

Are they working European fields by any chance. I think the setup gives Iron a "high squeel" and hammered coins a low tone. I don't think it's reverse pitch as is working the oposite side of the screen.

TwistedTig3r said:
Are they working European fields by any chance. I think the setup gives Iron a "high squeel" and hammered coins a low tone. I don't think it's reverse pitch as is working the oposite side of the screen.

Yeah, these are the guys and how you describe it. What's their setup? Is it the type of targets they look for that has this effect? I gather that they use no discrim which means they're letting the high sounds of iron in, and the targets they're looking for are low in conductivity...?

you don't have to change anything to hunt like that. just dig the medium targets and ignore the low iron signals

The Magician said:
TwistedTig3r said:

Yeah, these are the guys and how you describe it. What's their setup? Is it the type of targets they look for that has this effect? I gather that they use no discrim which means they're letting the high sounds of iron in, and the targets they're looking for are low in conductivity...?
I believe they run it as hot as possible, open screen, Sounds Cunductive. I think small Romans and Hammered coins come in lower left hand corner. They are hunting plowed fields that are very old with not much modern trash and such. They are looking for a particular target and so they ignore high sounds as iron and focus on low sounds. Most in the U.S. hunt in the oposite way as our coinage normally hits top right hand corner.

TwistedTig3r said:
The Magician said:
TwistedTig3r said:

I believe they run it as hot as possible, open screen, Sounds Cunductive. I think small Romans and Hammered coins come in lower left hand corner. They are hunting plowed fields that are very old with not much modern trash and such. They are looking for a particular target and so they ignore high sounds as iron and focus on low sounds. Most in the U.S. hunt in the oposite way as our coinage normally hits top right hand corner.

Sigh... that must be it. :nopity:

I never heard of anyone doing it however the advantage might be some hunters hearing is better for low tones and some excel with high tones.....personally always felt audio variances were more pronounced for metal detectors in general with a lower tone...may vary by individual due to hearing abilities....

Dan-Pa. said:
I never heard of anyone doing it however the advantage might be some hunters hearing is better for low tones and some excel with high tones.....personally always felt audio variances were more pronounced for metal detectors in general with a lower tone...may vary by individual due to hearing abilities....

The human ear in general is more responsive to mid-low tones. As you get older, it's the responsiveness to higher pitch that degrades, I find it easier to identify mid-low tones myself.