Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

review on the SEF coil on the excal.

[size=large][/size]Well it didn't work like i hoped it would, it was great in the sand, soon as you put it in the water it would start wineing, tried turning down the sens, that didn't work. so its back to the drawing board. harold

Its to bad you could not have tried one befor spending all that money , but if that happened you would not have bought one ????????? wish thear was a coil library if I ever get some money I will start one non profit

[size=large][/size]Well sometimes you just have to try, i'll put the end back on the coil and maybe swap it for a tornado 10" slimline, . Harold

Harold - Mine works great on land and in water. I don't have to change the sens at all on the Jersey beaches.

[size=large][/size]then it must be my unit that's bad, well that solved that problem.

It can be wired the wrong way and it still kinda works.

I sure hope it works!! I just ordered one from Kellyco!!

A Hunter Friend told me I had to be sure I got the Sovereign coil as it should be compatable with my Excal.

Is your coil made for the Sovereign?

CJ

Aren't the sovereign and the Excalibur both BBS machines while the Explorer/E-Trac machines are FBS? That would explain the apparent incompatibility with the SEFs. Don't know. Just thought that might be something to investigate. jim

the Explorer/Etrac SEF coils have a coiled section as do all of their coils while the Sovs coils do not, so physically its obvious which fits which.

Hey Harold it's Les from Lakeland. How are you doing? This is the wiring diagram that I used for my excal/sef coil. Works great in the wet sand and sometimes works great in the water but always fase's at waters edge.Im going to make sure Im wired correct tonight.

[size=large][/size]Hi Les its great to hear from ya, ya mine wines also but i took it apart today and changed the two top wires and trying that because if you look at the diagram it shows that pin 2 that's suppose to be grey, and pin 1 is suppose to be black, so i changed them and it sounds good and took it out side and tried it on some change and gold and sounded good, so I'll take it to the water and try again and let you know how i make out, Harold

Something must be wrong because these SEF coils are more stable in rough ground than stock in my opinion. It should work better in the wet by all rights I would think than stock.