Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rifle found

Looks like a Remington model 572 Field Master .22 caliber rifle to me
Looks like a tube feed magazine and dovetail scope mounts.

Also, can you see a button safety behind the trigger?
The rifle I mentioned had that type of safety on it.
I think it was called a cross bolt safety.

Wow sounds like you know your stuff but this is a bolt action I will look at it tomorrow again. I'm laying in bed and the garage is cold. Thank you very much for your input.

I still have a old Marlin Model 60 from 1970 that looks kinda like that but in good condition. But I am not a Gun Guru.. Remington might be a better guess.
Any chance serial number still on it and not removed?

Very interesting find, not a lot of people just lose a rifle. If it was found in the woods and thinking somebody was hunting, that persons bones could be near by. You may want to try and check and see if there is any bullets still in the rifle.

Not much left of the gun but there could be a interesting story as to how it got lost.

Ron in WV

I would like to see a picture of the other side of the receiver.

It was actually founded a house that was occupied from 1840 to 2017. About 30 yards from the house and some trees I also found six Confederate buttons and numerous cool artifacts in a 40 foot by 40 foot area that they just happened to take down real nice. I can't imagine what else was in the yard they got obliterated by the machines

It is a Marlin Model 60

The left side of the receiver certainly looks like that of a semi-automatic. A picture of the other side would make identification much easier.

x3 marlin 60,i had one that was found in a creek. Stock was swole and barrel was rusty and action full of sand and mud.It was give to me when was a kid 8-10 yrs old. Took it apart and cleaned it and used it for yrs.

Forgot that was 50 yrs ago,the trigger group is aluminum.I believe the Remington were steel.My brother in law is the one who found it while hunting in the swamps here in Florida