Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rings, Nickels, and why you dig it

GoVidGo

I had a big yard sale and the clean up that pretty much occupied my day. This is what happens when you take vacation time off from work and your GF puts you to work on a yard sale. I had about 1/2 hour before it started getting dark so I decided to take the V3i out to the little league baseball field about 2 minutes from my house. it's the one I nail all the clad at. I only had about 1/2 hour and actually took the V3i over the Etrac or AT Pro because it has the really sweet backlit display.

I usually run Magic's program, which is that deep seeking program for the V3i that doesn't really discriminate anything out, clicks on iron, and you have to go slow 'n low, but you hit the 12"+ targets easily. Today, with just my 1/2 hour, I decided to run a program I made that hits on coins and jewelry and is a fast swinging program. You can swing it lighting quick and it has a very fast recover rate. As you can see on the V3i screen picture, it's called Viddy's Coin Jewl program. Something different to make it fun, you know? It will hit on coins as usual, but it's really good on those mid-range targets where nickels and rings come in at. It worked great today! I am sure luck played in it also.
In the 1/2 hour hunt, I hit for clad: a quarter, some dimes, and a penny. I also got some solid lower-to-midrange hits and dug 2 nickels and a ring! Junk ring and it was coming up in the 'cap and zinc penny' range, but the hits were soild and loud and it made you want to dig them. Did I find a few pull tabs in the mix? Absolutely! But you have to dig them to dig the rings. That is why my GF (DiggerBee) has never dug a nickel or a ring... EVER! She notches them out and that whole range completely on the AT Pro. She has also never dug a pull tab though.

The V3i also has a great screen for night hunts. It's HD and it's amazing. First time I actually had it out when it got dark. I am impressed. I threw in a pic of that also. What is really cool too is that the buttons are not lit, but they look like they have that 'glow in the dark' stuff in them, because you can make them out at night too.