Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RNB EX-3000 lithium charger Question (Excal)

excalme

Hi,
I just got a new RNB lithium battery pack EX-3000 and charger. There is no info on the charger as to when the pack reaches full charge.
I understand the led goes red or green but which is it on full charge? I hate these led's what are suppose to change color but are very vague especially if like me you are color blind somewhat.
Why they cant put TWO different led's on is beyond me. One on charge and the other lighting up when fully charged. I have a power drill and charger which is just as bad.
I checked the pack when it arrived with my multi meter and it was showing 11.30 volts so put it on charge but I have difficulty seeing if the charger was on red. It looked Green to me!
If it was red its NOT very "Red"
Anyway anyone know what is the packs voltage supposed to be fully charged?
Thanks. Martin.

Not absolutely certain but the vast majority of 12 v batteries will read a little over 13 volts fully charged. RNB said that it will fully charge in 3.5 hours.

Most go green when full and shut off. RNB was really careful with the Explorers to ensure they didnt over charge at 12 dcv.... because the Explorers said no Lith because the amount of batteries needed over charged and could cause damage. I think it was Paul i talked to at RNB trying to get him to do these batteries way back. Give him a call, but im betting they wont charge higher than 12.2 or so. Lith are great batteries..... each cell is individually checked to ensure all are fully charged. Where as the others arent checked so smart chargers may keep trying to charge them and not shut off causing heat. Especially noticeable with the 700 mah ones on the Blue Xcal.

Dew

Well, the lights been on green forever but I left it on just to see. I guess once it reaches peak charge it wont charge any more. I just took it off and its reading 12.57 Volts.
It was 11.3 when I started but reached over 12 in no time so was prob fully charged hours ago. I left it on near 4 hours.
I honestly could barely tell if it was on red when I started the charge the led isn't distinctive enough color change for me being color blind.

Like the Maxxpack the Lith FAST charge and shut off. Ive hunted with mine put it on a charger and its still a green light. They hold charge ..... a very long time. I rotate batteries.... but most charge in less than an hour after using them a full day.

Dew

Sorry for delay,
the EX3000 should be a 3 cells Lipo battery, each cell capacity is 3.7V or 3.6v but when is just charged the voltage is 4.2V.
Right charged you read 12.6V after few hour of use it became 11.1V or 10.8v
Lipo cell are discharge, for safety, when the voltage is 2.7 so maybe you read 8.1V but the Excalibur start to do an alert for battery discharge around 10V.
I know how the lipos work because I use it in many applications.
Can you tell us what is the size in mm? I guess 25x25x100
You can find lipos also at hobbyking dot com

HH
Francesco