Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road trip East from Oregon

INSAYN

My family of four will be road tripping this summer in a truck camper from Oregon to Tennessee with my parents following closely behind with their little popup trailer.
Many stops here and there, and a pretty loose route with lots of time to venture off the main route.

General route but not locked in stone.
Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Nebraska, (optional states Louisiana and Texas depends on my cousin's plans).

Hopefully prepared to have fun in most areas.
We can dry camp, resort camp, stealth camp (kinda), do some kayaking, and most importantly do some metal detecting.
Planning to visit family in varioius states, see many sites, visit some theme parks, aerate many city parks and schools along the way.

Granted, I didn't list where in each state we are roughly planning to cruise (don't know for sure), but if you have any tips on metal detecting rules or regs in your city/state plz drop me some info. Don't stop there, if there is something worthy of seeing, visiting or doing in your state (listed above) by all means spill it!

BTW - My goal on this trip is to find any coin from the 1700's. The Pacific NorthWet only goes back to the 1840's for money. There may have been folks here before that, but it was furs and salmon in trade for anything, so 1700's isn't going to happen.

Thanks folks!

-Craig

We'll be going through Mobile Alamaba, and that city certainly has some history. With that I am guessing that there may be some strict rules around metal detecting public property.
When I get close (mid summer), I will obviously contact parks and recreation, the police, and the city of commerce for details around recreational metal detecting. If anyone here lives in that area and already knows if this is a big off limits area, you can save me the trouble of bugging these entities.