Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road trip to Florida...yes FLORIDA...gave me a 14K Gold Cross w/ 1 carat of baguette diamonds

Hotcz70

This post will be short and sweet since I have some personal training appointments at the gym to get to...but I did want to get it posted.

I road tripped to FL just last week and met up with forum member Dewcon4414 and he showed me the ropes of water hunting. No I didn't take the Explorer underwater...but I did use it on the beach. I used the Fisher CZ21 for the water hunting.

It was a blast and I would like to say thanks to Dew who was very patient with me in the water. I had no clue as to what I was doing and every time I would get a signal...by the time I got around to getting the scoop down there...the wave would move me about 10 feet.:bouncy:

I ended up wading out to chin-high water and was getting tossed around like a fishing bobber.:cool:
I did get one nice man's wedding band out there...and quite a few lead sinkers.:smoke:

[attachment 278400 dew3.jpg]

The highlight of the trip was this smokin' little 14K yellow gold cross with a full carat of baguette diamonds in it that I got with the Explorer SE.

[attachment 278399 florida14.jpg] [attachment 278442 floridacross.jpg]

....BUT more importantly it was awesome to meet up with Dew, who I have been conversing with here on this and other forums for many years now.:beers:

Thanks Dew...I might be plannin' another trip soon.:thumbup:

[attachment 278398 florida12.jpg]

Glad to see ya' made it home safely, bud.
I know it has been a dream of yours for many years to beach and water hunt.
Congrats on scratching one off the bucket list...meeting up with Dew...and the sweet bling!

n/t

Great post Bryce. Sounds like it was a great time. I live about a mile from the shore here in Ct but I seldom beach hunt. I plan to get out there more during the winter. HH
Bruce

Great water hunt Bryce and congrats on the man's band and the "ice" encrusted gold cross.
You got a good teacher in Dewcon4414 to teach you the ropes of water hunting. But, water
hunting is a lot more challenging than you might think it is, isn't it! Mother Nature has a lot
of power in those "gentle waves" that move you 10' from your target. Glad you had fun.

thanks for sharing.
Nice timing too, unlike my last trip to hit the beaches in s. Florida...
Um, like there was no beach left to hunt because superstorm Sandy was offshore heading north.
I was literally housebound for a week!

water looks too calm to be the east coast

VERY NICE, buddy!:beers: Congrats on fulfilling your dream of beach and water hunting. Dew seems like a great guy.:thumbup:

Sorry i missed this post eariler.... ive been looking for it. Had a great time meeting you both. These are a couple of great guys people..... just fun to be around. Dont think Bryce mentioned his other nice find........ nice size sharks tooth. We were hunting on the Gulf side but that day it was like a wash machine out there.... swell freq was about 3 seconds and it was pushing and pulling. Water was a little cool i might add. Dont know how he did it that long out there with no shirt on..... made me cold just looking at him. Bryce didnt get to hunt on the best of days or the best beach. The beach we hunted was a high bank drop off so it was deeper water and a little more challenging as well. We'd had a lot of heavy wave action earlier in the week that had moved a lot of sand in the water so i didnt expect much except floater..... and we didnt get to many of those. It was great to see Bryce pick up a ring out there. I enjoyed the hunt just wished i could have hooked up with them earlier in the week and had more time with them. You guys ever get to Fl again..... be sure to drop me a line. Id hunt with you any time.... so come on down and lets get wet. Congrats on all your finds sorry we couldnt send you home with a couple of more to pay for your trip..... maybe next time. Thanks also for taking the pictures i dont have many of me hunting.

By the way.... those Explorers work pretty darn good down here in the sand. Id like to had more time to compare the Exp to the Sov ..... but testing is hard to do.... it cuts into quality hunting time.

Dew

I would love to live that dream someday, buddy! Congrats on the warm weather road trip and finding the expensive bling. Always nice too to meet up with a fellow hunter and make a new friend. I do have a serious question...how do you feel the SE did on the beach/surf hunting atmosphere? Did it handle it well?...stability...falsing...etc? I know you love it for the deep turf silver but how do you feel it did in florida beach sand? THANKS

the water/shore line.

I didn't get any more falsing than normal and I left it in semi auto 26 most of the time.

The 10 x 12 SEF coil was just as much at home in the FL sand as it was the turf here in IL. It did chirp a little more when the water came in and bumped it along the shoreline...then again as it receeded...but that is to be expected.

I was very happy overall with the SE's performance.

n/t

Nice to see you finally pay a visit, mate. I knew you would take a liking to this type of hunting.
WTG on that beautiful cross and ring.:clapping: I'm sure you'll be coming back for more some day.

it was a pleasure to meet you...and I'm sure I will be planning a return trip.

Thanks again for everything, my friend.:beers: