Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rob (IL) is retiring from here due to some people complaining that you can't post comparisons on here. That's not Rob. It's me. We have a Metal Detect

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Rob for your years helping here. Will someone please send me the name of whoever it was who doesn't like rules that me (not Rob) set up to run our forums with. He will be looking for a new forum to hang out at.

Appreciate it again Rob. I will change the forums intro above tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks...

Guvner..

I can still help without moderating.

Rob, I apologize for complaining. I was having a bad day and it was not your fault.

After thinking about it, you were right.

Sorry.

Finders.......

I sure hope you don't leave buddy. I still am learning more by reading your links over and over and asking questions and learning on the whites forum. I hope you stick around!

Bubba

bubbadirect said:
I sure hope you don't leave buddy. I still am learning more by reading your links over and over and asking questions and learning on the whites forum. I hope you stick around!

Bubba
What Bubba said.

I commend you Rob for hanging in there as long as you did.
You patience with so many for so long is far greater than I could have mustered ....
Thank you for all the great help and info you have provided here.

No get out there and have some fun..:detecting:

I do not own my V3i anymore but Rob was always there to help me with any questions. Sometimes comparisons can be very valuable. Expecially when you fork out over 1000.00 on a machine.

Rob
I'm truly sorry your retiring from the forum.I have learned/been educated more than I could explain to you.Please remember what Grandma Torgenson told me." Ilegitimide Non Carborundum".
Which translates to......
Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down!!!!!!
Captain Billy former leader of the Howling Commando's.
Rob you are invited to join the Commando's
Capt. Billy

Hi, I have been detecting for 38 years. I'm currently using a Minelab Explorer 2. Before this detector, I used a White's DFX. In my experience, the DFX has it all over the Minelab Explorer 2 except when it comes to depth and tones. The time for me to purchase a new detector has come. I'm deciding between a White's V3i and a Minelab E-Trak. I'm a member of the Michigan Treasure Hunting club and the detector that is most popular by far is the E-Trak. Andy Sabish also is a member of this club. I have talked to only one member of my club who owned a V3i and he said the machine was too complicated and he sold it. However, I told myself that if White's ever made a detector with the depth of the Minelab I would buy it. I have watched a few youtube videos on the V3i and have been impressed with the features and depth of the detector. Has anyone owned a White's DFX and the V3i who can make a depth comparison for me? I would appreciate your input. Thanks Rick

hey rob thanks for all the years of teaching , since my 6000 di. back when politics and thin skins didn't lead the path. all we were all interested in was learnin and getting the most out of our machine. everyone helped everyone . we all learned from each other... sorry to hear it , with any luck you go out and find a boat load of treasure . wish you all the luck AND thanks again

This is my first posting. I purchased my V3i on July 1st..... Rob (IL), I have found your advise a tremendous help. Thanks for your "Links" posting. Being new to the site and to forums in general, I am not clear on what is meant about comparison postings but I hate to see you go. I really enjoyed your answers to questions I hadn't gotten around to asking. So, Simply, Thank You, for leaving me a lot of answers and advice, to be found in your archives.