Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Roccky Mountain Store (Kansas)

dgerst

It was a gorgeous 70 degree winter day in Kansas so I decided to visit an 1880's general store site. It's a fairly remote area but the drive was worth it as both the day and the scenery couldn't be prettier. My Treasure Baron is with Keith Wills at East Texas Metal Detectors for its 20 year tune up so I used my BH 3300. It did just fine, finding several casings right next or on top of iron. Some of those ID'd higher than they actually were getting me pretty stoked about maybe having a coin, but it was not to be. I dug a few small pieces of wire and such at pretty good depths running in all metal, and they rang loud. You can really crank the sensitivity up when there's no power lines for miles. There's some history about the site near the bottom of the link below. It was on the Camp Supply trail. Most likely the Fort Zarah to Camp Supply trail:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kscomanc/schwartz_paul.html
The panorama is from the top of Schwartz mound. The store site is the flat area across the gulley to the right of my Land Cruiser on the bottom right.

Cool old finds buddy. HH