Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ron, Mark and Shooter you guy's still frequent this forum? ?

88junior

I am back on here and hope and pray all is well with you guys. I have gotten another 1270 and I have been going back and reading old post where you guys were involved. You guys know the 1270 better than anyone else in my book. Ron I'm going to try those silver blaster settings you talk about. I do have one question is target separation better using iron disc as primary or is using disc as primary better? Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Hay Morgan, congrats on the new to you 1270.

I never noticed any better target separation when running in iron disc. Being I am only a coin and jewelry hunter when I ran iron disc it was set at max.
Now it was my understanding that the iron disc had some ability to see through iron, but I was never able to prove that.
As for that blast mode, I never really proved it was deeper but at the time I was told that the higher I could run the sensitivity the deeper it would detect. So I maxed it out and let her crackle and pop, then I was really surprised when I hit a good target and it stopped all the noise long enough to give me go clean target tone.
Shooter was my teacher so maybe he will pick up on your thread.
Now by far that little 3.75” coil was my favorite coil, but not just any of those will run on the 1270. If you go looking for one it needs to have the thicker coil cable. Note your 1265x box coils may have the skinny cables. You may have tried your 65 coil on the 70 but my guess is it will plug in and work but it will not detect any depth. Now I think you can put the 1270 coil on the 1265x and it will work just fine.

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing from time to time.

Ron in WV

Morgan

For best depth and sensitivity to small stuff run the sensitivity and volume controls wide open. The volume control seems to add some gain on faint signals like a properly set threshold does. When I ran into random noise or ground noise, backing off the volume and readjusting the headphones usually took care of it.

Tom

10-4 Tom I'll give it a try and see how it performs in my ground.

I have limited experience on the 1270 and still haven't mastered it for land hunting but ive had great success with it in fresh water swimming area so much so that i extended the shaft so as to keep the control box farhead high while in the water... in my opinion hunting in iron disc as primary mode allows you to get down to that fine line that separates gold from small iron such as bobbypins ..works great for micro jewelry hunting and small gold chains..when hunting with this set up i run volume a max and sensetivity just slighly unstable..it works for me anyways... pinpoints great too with the 8in coil...