Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ron's 180 Meter Cover and Chart

Suncoast Kid

Been thinking about a better way to cover the Ron's 180 meter on my Sovereign as I mainly beach hunt and it seems sand eventually gets into everything. I couldn't find a manufactured cover that would fit but wanted something that would work a little better than just a sandwich bag. So, I found some clear plastic bags 4" x 6" and they fit the meter perfectly. I got a 100 for I think $6, and whats great is that I can take some clear shipping tape and put my chart right on the face for easy viewing. A rubber band at the bottom keeps it in place. It's been a while since I posted but wanted to share this as it's an inexpensive way to protect your meter and give it a longer life. Attached a picture of my chart on the bag to show how much space is available. That is font size 10 with Word. :thumbup: HH to all.

I never turned the meter on at the beach. I was always afraid that one of those Pull tab signals would be a gold ring. Ran in Disc and dug everything. Cost me dearly when I got hit by a wave and got salt water in the detector

Yeah, I agree. I use the Sovereign and the meter mainly in the dry sand areas where the trash seems to be heavier, and into the wet on calm days. I definitely use the Excalibur II in or near the water. if I run into a nest of tabs and see the same numbers I might skip those targets but also run the risk of missing a ring by doing so. I guess that's where my ears take over and I make the decision to dig more by the sound of the target. I do love the meter though when getting into a high trash area while using a smaller coil. By not digging everything you definitely run the risk of leaving a good target behind. I think I just like to look at the meter as a back up to verify what my ears are telling me.

I love the Sovereign on the dirt. I retired it from beach work. Got it wet and it took 16 weeks to get it fixed. I know that I miss gold when dirt fishing as I step over a lot of "Pull tabs" but once in a while I get one of those tones that is different and says dig me. And occasionally that turns out to be gold.