Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Roosevelt and Fairbanks Fob/Medal?

hunter_46356

Hit one of my new door knock houses for a bit today. Unbelievable amount of nails right around the house with a steep hill in back that levels out in a fairly big back yard. Further you get away form the house the better. Found some clad. couple horse tack rivets, a small buckle appears to be horse tack too, my first thimble (not silver) and this Roosevelt and Fairbanks Campaign thing . There's all kinds of R&F Tokens, Medals, Watch Fobs and various other campaign memorabilia from 1904 on the net. Didn't see anything that resembled this one. Appears to be a watch fob or maybe it hung from a neck ribbon. Not one wheat or silver, got a SEF 8x6 that should be here in a week with an X1 maybe this will help with the nails. Any ideas on the Roosevelt and Fairbanks thing?

Cool! That sounds like a hard spot to work, but good old stuff in there!:clapping:
Mud

found one of these to. Roosevelt vacationed here with the Delano family . Figure that name has something to do with his middle name.Nice find dont know exactly what these are , hope somebody knows.

My research of this pin, badge or what ever it is leads me to believe it could have been made by the C,H. Hanson co. in Chicago IL. Found a thread posted on another forum of a Roosevelt item of the exact same design with C.H.Hanson makers mark on it.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/160227-theodore-roosevelt-campaign-item-c-h-hanson-chicago.html

C.H. Hanson Co. made badges of all types Police, Fire and such. They have been a family owned company since the late 1866's and appear to still be in business but with different products. Obviously this is a lot of reading between the lines but if back in the day they made badges. Making a stamped metal political pin would not be far from imagination. Not sure there's a lot of value here but there apparently haven't been many found or at least posted.