Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Round 2 with the new Infinium

sws33

Back to Sunset Beach this am. Took the big stock coil today. First let me say, dang that thing is heavy. 4 1/2 hours of swinging that big DD will either kill you or make you a man. I think I will be using the 8" mono next time. The surf seemed to have its way with the big coil pushing it around as the waves came and went. The 8" was way easier to handle in the water and as far as I can tell, just as deep as the big DD. I pulled out more pull tabs than I care to count today along with lots of steel screw on beer caps. I tried the reverse disc on everything today and many of the beer caps signals would be gone when I did. So I would dig thinking I had something good, but no. The only good signal I got in the surf today ended up being another beer cap as well, which kind of sucked as it took quite a bit of digging to get it fighting the water the whole way. The big DD was falsing a bit on the transition from wet sand to dry but here is the kicker, it only falsed going up the bank away from the water, not when I was heading back towards it. Not sure what the deal is there but it didn't matter much as it was easy to tell the difference between signals. The big DD ran with the disc at 0 all morning with no problems. Sure would have liked a ring today, oh well, maybe next time.
Today's haul:
2 quarters
3 nickles
1 dime (around a foot deep)
6 pennies