Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ROYAL SABRE

Markmac

WOW a Tesoro Royal Sabre for sale on ebay, when was the last time you saw one of these for sale on there.I have had my royal sabre since it was new, close to 25 years now and just sent in to rusty to have tuned up for the first time.Yes i know they are older machines but they sure hold up well and dont think i can part with mine even when i do decide to buy another lifetime warrantied Tesoro.Just received my sons cutlass back from Rusty with no charge and im sure the sabre will be the same.Two 25 year old detectors still being used and still under warranty,i dont think you would see that from whites, or garrett or first texas but at least they warranty those for 5 years.You listening whites and garrett yes you make very fine detectors as well but how could i ever even consider not buying another Tesoro with the warranty being lifetime..Think about it whats a life time warranty worth to you,is it worth another 50.00 or another 75.00 or is it worth 100.00 more.With parts and labor rates going uo all the time dont you deserve a detector that warrants its product longer then two years,Just my opinion and hope to hear from others since im new on this forum just getting back in to metal detecting with my grandson and my trusted still under warrantied Tesoro Royal Sabre...Have a great day Everyone.....Mark

I use to have a Silver Sabre Plus and thought about buying a Royal Sabre when they came out, I remember reading a field test about the machine, believe it has a blanket mode on the machine? This being a mode that masked out objects at certain depths [a sort of notch], I was in the process of saving for one when they bought out the Toltec 100 so went off to Treasure World in London and purchased one for about

Hey Thanks Rick and your right their is much to be said for these older Tesoros and the quality of them.They them selves are almost like a piece of history and to those of us that still use them its rewarding to know this dog can still hunt and bark with the best of them,proof of the quality and care that Tesoro put in to them back then and still today with all the newer models.I look forward to using it again after Rusty at tesoro does his magic with it.I have never had a problem with it in 25 years but was probably time for a good Doctor Rusty check over lol..Dig often.....Mark

I got mine used about 10 years ago for $75 from a guy that needed the money and that's all I had. I've wanted a Golden umax for years, but since I can go by tones on the Royal and have them split at tabs I can't really see a good reason to spend $500 for a Golden. I've fiddled with mine and have set the notch at the wierdest settings and even got to where I could get most nickels and avoid some of the square tabs that register in the nickel area. The only reason I want the Golden is because of the tones in a/m motion mode and the ED-120 disc. The Royal continues to discourage me from spending the extra dough.

Slingshot isnt it amazing what you can do with a 25 year old metal detector like the Royal Sabre, it just shows how advanced that machine was for its time....Good luck and keep that sabre slicing the ground.....Mark

Just reveived the Royal Sabre back from Rusty at tesoro, all was fine with it but im glad i sent it in to be checked over.Now i know this old dog is ready to hunt again lol.Once the snow and ice leave us here in Illinois it will sing with those tones they are noted for.i wish you all the best this year and that your finds will be memorable.....Markmac