Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RTG 710 scoop ?

upnorth

I am considering a water scoop for the heck of it. The RTG 710 looks reasonably priced. Any comments on this scoop ?

Good that it's stainless steel, as some lakes have a rocky bottom and aluminum scoops take quite the beating. It should do the trick for you. May I suggest you put some screening in the bottom to collect jewelry pieces that might otherwise slip through the holes. Also, attach a magnet inside the scoop to quickly latch on to Canadian Coins and other metal.

Thanks for the help John, I think that I'll bite on the scoop. My free time is limited but there is always next year, and the one after that hopefully, lol. I will toss together one of those little floating basket sifters. This should be fun. It must be super exciting to see a ring in your scoop/sifter !

Good Luck with your water hunting! You may like it, if you find the right spot, nice sand bottom, you CAN hear a big ring clanking around in your scoop as you are rising out the sand! It is an amazing sound especially when a guy gets so many tabs that are the same kind of signal...:clapping:
Mud

cool muddy. I am sure that I will make every newb mistake possible, as per my usual learning curve, lol. Funny how MENSA has never tried to contact me huh ? :detecting:

ohiochris said:
Ive got the aluminum scoop with stainless steel tip. Surprising how durable they are.

Cool. I sent my pennies off and my beer cap scoop :laugh: will be here in a bit. I had to get the stainless as one potential spot in a near by lake is rock/gravel. I fiddled around a couple of times last year and pulled up a silver dime, watch, razor blade (old school version) etc. I am lucky to get out one day a week lately so this will be a new and interesting twist for my play time.