Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rugged scoop

cuzzi25

I Know people have asked which scoops are people using but my question is a bit more specific. The water ill be hunting in is tough, lots of rocks & shells. I like the nuttall & sunspot scoops but im not sure how they'll hold up with heavy digging & prying? Or would I be better off with a RTG style.

A Nuttall Scoop is the best quality I have seen and for the conditions you describe the diamond head will cut the shell and rocky beach probably better than any others in my opinion.

BCOOP

I have the big Reilly's 6" scoop and hunted Long Island Sound with it yesterday, I had some trouble getting into the muddy, rocky, shelly beach, and may end up buying the Nuttall for these types of beaches - which ain't no joy to hunt! On the Atlantic, I love my Reilly's - light and BIG!

Why did they bleep out sunspot on my post? Ordering a nuttall soon

i wrote sun spot but in 1 word Odd

I use the Sun spot 08 here in Upper Michigan and it's very rocky at some of the areas I hunt and it is great. It cuts through the rock and gravel with ease.
HH-drewan

cuzzi25 said:
Why did they bleep out sunspot on my post? Ordering a nuttall soon

I think that this forum is heavily policed by some of the business sponsors and evidently sun spot is not a sponsor.

You're absolutely right bcoop. this scoop is hardcore.

I have a Nuttal and it is great for the conditions you described. My one complaint with it is due to the pointed end it will deflect off of rocks and go in different directions.

Gerry

ive noticed that too but without that point your not cutting through long island sound. cant have your cake &.......... well you know