Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rusty Henry still around?

rwjr1369

Anyone know if hes still doing any detector business or repairs? Bought a detector from him after leaving Tesoro..Sent a couple emails since but no reply...just wondering..

last i heard he was retired

Yeah, spoke with him right when he retired and bought a detector from him...He was ready to go all over then. Heck, he might have decided to stay gone...

I remember about 1968, in the Navy near Norfolk Va. The base paper had a story about Rusty Henry beach hunting and diving, finding so many rings. First time I'd hear of a metal detector. Six years later (1974) got a detector, been hunting 46 years now. HH Jerry

If memory serves---at one point in his life Rusty was a Navy Seal.------He also later spent 10 yrs. in Alaska as a gold hunter.----Tesoro lost an excellent service manager when Rusty retired.----I guess it don't make any difference now though since Tesoro has closed their doors.------Rusty probably got out at the right time.

Rusty Henry used his first metal detector in 1968, as a Navy Frogman on Underwater Demolition Team 22. That machine was built by Telex in New York, and cost the Navy $3,800.00! He got his first “civilian” detector, a Garrett Master Hunter BFO, in 1969. From 1969, through 1974, Rusty was a Navy Seal Team 2 member, and averaged three-hours a day, 250-days a year detecting! By 1974, Rusty had found over 500-rings, countless Civil War relics and over 50,000 coins!

After leaving the Navy in 1978, Rusty became Vice President of Bounty Hunter Inc, in Tempe, AZ. He hadn’t been there long, when the first report of a gold nugget found with a metal detector in Australia came in. The nugget was found at Cue, in Western Australia. That first report was followed in weeks by even more spectacular finds there, and in Victoria. Rusty folded his tent, and he and his family immigrated to Australia! He spent the next 10-years swinging a metal detector 8-10 hours a day, 200-250 days a year! It is estimated that by 1995, Rusty had over 35,000-hours of experience using metal detectors and gold nugget shooting.

Today, he is on the road exploring the United States, and visiting old friends, and I'm proud to say I'm one of them.

Rusty Henry used his first metal detector in 1968, as a Navy Frogman on Underwater Demolition Team 22. That machine was built by Telex in New York, and cost the Navy $3,800.00! He got his first “civilian” detector, a Garrett Master Hunter BFO, in 1969. From 1969, through 1974, Rusty was a Navy Seal Team 2 member, and averaged three-hours a day, 250-days a year detecting! By 1974, Rusty had found over 500-rings, countless Civil War relics and over 50,000 coins!

After leaving the Navy in 1978, Rusty became Vice President of Bounty Hunter Inc, in Tempe, AZ. He hadn’t been there long, when the first report of a gold nugget found with a metal detector in Australia came in. The nugget was found at Cue, in Western Australia. That first report was followed in weeks by even more spectacular finds there, and in Victoria. Rusty folded his tent, and he and his family immigrated to Australia! He spent the next 10-years swinging a metal detector 8-10 hours a day, 200-250 days a year! It is estimated that by 1995, Rusty had over 35,000-hours of experience using metal detectors and gold nugget shooting.

Today, he is on the road exploring the United States, and visiting old friends, and I'm proud to say I'm one of them.
Thanks for that info Minelab Pirate.-----I meant to say Rusty spent 10 yrs. in Australia (not Alaska).---It's terrible to get old! :)

If memory serves---at one point in his life Rusty was a Navy Seal.------He also later spent 10 yrs. in Alaska as a gold hunter.----Tesoro lost an excellent service manager when Rusty retired.----I guess it don't make any difference now though since Tesoro has closed their doors.------Rusty probably got out at the right time.
Rusty told me Tesoro just got everyone together and said we're closing and today is your last day.

Wish he would post his tails of travel.
Could probably write a Book of his detecting exploits.

I sent my bandido ii umax in to tesoro to get checked out after i bought it used several years ago...Rusty checked it out said it was good to go. I still have it and will probably keep it forever..My wife loves it because it is sooooo light and easy to swing.