Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rye Patch results

Digger Bob

Hi guys. Well, the gang had our annual first Nevada trip of the year and it was a blast. Found some gold, crysals, and arrowheads, had lots of laughs, saw some cool critters, met some good people, and generally relaxed in the dust and sagebrush. If Mark Mitchell and Spencer read this, I want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to clean one of their scrapes of dozer shavings :)

Here's a couple of pics of some of the things we saw and found. Now, let's see if I can load more than one pic at a time...

Digger Bob

Here's a little kit fox that came around every night looking for handouts.

[attachment 58956 Kitfox600x450.jpg]

Here's the gold we found. 8.8 dwt total found by 4 of us. 12 of us started out but the ones who stayed the longest ended up with gold in the poke. Persistence, patience, perseverance...

[attachment 58957 CIMG1641450x600.jpg]

Here's a shot of a piece of conglomerate found in a hydraulic pit in Calif. by one of the guys. He doesn't know how many nuggets are in there or how much they weigh but he's going to keep it just the way it is. It was found in a rock pile of tailings.

[attachment 58958 conglomerate_gold1600x523.jpg]

I'll see if I can get some more pics up later if you like these.

Digger Bob

[attachment 58958 conglomerate_gold1600x523.jpg]

Critters are cute up there. Nice gold! Thought about going up there next fall, but looks like you got it all :)
Shep

Maybe it's one nugget lurking in that conglomerate.:)
Could be a bit of fun getting the multi meter out and seeing if any of the nuggets join up.
Alan

Ohp, Spencer said he thought y'all should go over it like someone else's scrape. :minelab: Meaning you go over it more thoroughly when you know you'll have to be careful to find anything. Nice results.

All the gold is gone, I got the last two scraps above one foot in depth. :crylol:

Digger, Good to hear that you guys got together and enjoyed yourselves, met some new people and found a few pickers.

Mark & Spencer must have been in a good mood to let you swing their claims at Rye Patch. When you ask 1st it certainly helps. Glad you got to meet them because they are very nice guys and really good Nugget Hunters to boot. I see they left you a few and that is always nice of them. Just goes to show that you can never totally clean out an area.

Thanks for sharing your story and photos.
Keep it up.

Yep, didn't find anything on their scrapes except blade shavings. They had already cleaned them out. Fortunatly, we still had a few spots on the other end of the valley that had produced a bit or two in the past. Now, they're cleaned out:) It's getting harder and harder to find anything out there. You have to work longer, harder, and slower. Try to second guess where others might not have been. Check old dig holes, work under the brush, dig marginal signals, ect.
There's still gold there but you earn it!

Digger