Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sad Coin

Thank You Ma.
Love your inspirational posts and comments.
Will try to take it easy.
But if I dig another first. Early Silver dollar Barber !
Or a jar of them.
(Skipped a bunch of those iffy variable large signals). Maybe try those next.
All bets are Off. 😁😅😅🤗

You are welcome & thank you for the kind words! Rest a lot when you can & then may the Gold & Silver be found without sticky clay! Well, if you do dig up a Silver Dollar or jars of them. just don't faint, fall & hurt your Spine again! Or have a heart attack like I probably would! If & when The Dreams of detectorists are answered --I dreamed of finding lots of Silver Treasure--don't remember much gold--always woke up treasureless but pleasant sleeping for the rest I needed to go real time detecting again! Time passes fast as you know; so, do what you can & enjoy what earthly years you have left! Like a vapor life flees away! Ma

You are welcome & thank you for the kind words! Rest a lot when you can & then may the Gold & Silver be found without sticky clay! Well, if you do dig up a Silver Dollar or jars of them. just don't faint, fall & hurt your Spine again! Or have a heart attack like I probably would! If & when The Dreams of detectorists are answered --I dreamed of finding lots of Silver Treasure--don't remember much gold--always woke up treasureless but pleasant sleeping for the rest I needed to go real time detecting again! Time passes fast as you know; so, do what you can & enjoy what earthly years you have left! Like a vapor life flees away! Ma
Thanks Ma.
I so Wish you could get out again.
Makes me sad reading of yours and others woes.
Yes
Thank the Lord I'm still moving.
My injuries. Both hips, pelvis and entire spine and neck. Would put most permanently out of commission.
Fortunately God has other plans for me.
So onwards I go. Softly into the light !!!

Thanks Ma.
I so Wish you could get out again.
Makes me sad reading of yours and others woes.
Yes
Thank the Lord I'm still moving.
My injuries. Both hips, pelvis and entire spine and neck. Would put most permanently out of commission.
Fortunately God has other plans for me.
So onwards I go. Softly into the light !!!

Bless your heart in today's Society & Corrupted Situation it is looking more & more like WAR--Speak softly and CARRY a Big Stick! My Compression Fracture of my lower spine hurt so terribly I can't even imagine what your PAIN has been--My bones are brittle & POP & CRACK all over my whole body--My knees hurt getting up & down & the back of my neck & lower Back hurt so much that I can't sleep without pillows positioned in certain ways & I need Oxygen, especially at night--I wake up every hour or two to use the potty--I wake up at 6:00 & up before or at 7:00 after lots of ups & downs during the night--Depends on my pain pills how long they last in dulling the pain--I take MEDS at 8:00 & eat breakfast at 9:00 after my daughter arrives home from working all night! I try to nap at 4:30 after my midday meds until 7:00, sometimes sooner or later! I don't like eating after 8:00 PM & then I try to be in bed again between 10:00 & 11:00--to do the same old sleepless routine all over again but, yet, PTL that means I am still living & can work for Jesus! That is why with an OLD Computer & sleepy & tired most of the time I have a difficult time writing what God's Holy Spirit gives me & that is a lot at times--I am a WRITER & tend to be on the longer story side rather than the shorter--I haven't written poems for several years now--just don't have the equipment I once had as needed to type them & print them out for storing--Have had too much Computers & Problems! Go get the Treasure & God Bless you with total healing or with Peace & Comfort that passes all human understanding! Ma

Bless your heart in today's Society & Corrupted Situation it is looking more & more like WAR--Speak softly and CARRY a Big Stick! My Compression Fracture of my lower spine hurt so terribly I can't even imagine what your PAIN has been--My bones are brittle & POP & CRACK all over my whole body--My knees hurt getting up & down & the back of my neck & lower Back hurt so much that I can't sleep without pillows positioned in certain ways & I need Oxygen, especially at night--I wake up every hour or two to use the potty--I wake up at 6:00 & up before or at 7:00 after lots of ups & downs during the night--Depends on my pain pills how long they last in dulling the pain--I take MEDS at 8:00 & eat breakfast at 9:00 after my daughter arrives home from working all night! I try to nap at 4:30 after my midday meds until 7:00, sometimes sooner or later! I don't like eating after 8:00 PM & then I try to be in bed again between 10:00 & 11:00--to do the same old sleepless routine all over again but, yet, PTL that means I am still living & can work for Jesus! That is why with an OLD Computer & sleepy & tired most of the time I have a difficult time writing what God's Holy Spirit gives me & that is a lot at times--I am a WRITER & tend to be on the longer story side rather than the shorter--I haven't written poems for several years now--just don't have the equipment I once had as needed to type them & print them out for storing--Have had too much Computers & Problems! Go get the Treasure & God Bless you with total healing or with Peace & Comfort that passes all human understanding! Ma
Oh my that's a life full.
I no longer take pain meds. To much depression.
Had to stop getting epidurals. Caused me to catch diabetes. Plus can degenerate bone.
Possibly what's happening now ?
I did discover one thing about pain meds.
If you can tolerate it.
Stop taking them for a day or two.
You build up a tolerance to them.
By skipping now and then.
Your body will respond better to them.
I use tumeric and wine in the evening's.
A teaspoon a day in my coffee really helps.
Great for your heart too.
God Bless You
And may he take that pain away.
Ma do try the Tumeric.
Look up tumeric pain and inflammation.

Last edited:
Oh my that's a life full.
I no longer take pain meds. To much depression.
Had to stop getting epidurals. Caused me to catch diabetes. Plus can degenerate bone.
Possibly what's happening now ?
I did discover one thing about pain meds.
If you can tolerate it.
Stop taking them for a day or two.
You build up a tolerance to them.
By skipping now and then.
Your body will respond better to them.
I use tumeric and wine in the evening's.
A teaspoon a day in my coffee really helps.
Great for your heart too.
God Bless You
And may he take that pain away.
I was taking Tumeric but for some reason I stopped--the best I remember, I believe they made me belch like I was taking black Pepper but I could be wrong--My older daughter (a Hospice Nurse) was glad I quit but I never asked her why? Ma

I was taking Tumeric but for some reason I stopped--the best I remember, I believe they made me belch like I was taking black Pepper but I could be wrong--My older daughter (a Hospice Nurse) was glad I quit but I never asked her why? Ma
The only issues I had with tumeric was constapation. Not drinking enough water.
Otherwise it has few side effects.
Only one being because it's a Super anti inflammitory.
Bronchial inhalers are less effective.
Though while taking the tumeric I didn't need them.
I get an allergic asthma now and then.
And it is great for clogging arteries.
Inflammation is the primary cause of vessel and heart disease.
Try the tumeric again.
Ask your daughter what's so bad about it.
I'd like to know.

Congratulations! Looks like you are doing very well with the Tejon and the Sovereign. I pray you get healed up and find all the silver and large coppers there. Be careful though, sometimes large cans are large silver instead. With the Tejon, sometimes you will lose silver in the nails as disc goes up. HH and GL
PW
How high off the ground would I still hit a big Silver?
I was wondering if I was hitting a jar of silver.
Again wondering how high I'd still be hitting it.
Like I said I'm a complete nube on the Tejon.

Hmmm
Looks after letting it soak in oil awhile.
It's an 1832 or 22. Still can't quite tell.
Two images wet with oils.

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_075301.jpg
    IMG_20220503_075301.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220503_075241.jpg
    IMG_20220503_075241.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220503_075113.jpg
    IMG_20220503_075113.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220503_075121.jpg
    IMG_20220503_075121.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Do you have a silver dollar? Try it. Also, a silver coin within a small distance from a large piece of metal disappears, no matter what detector you are using.
I usually tune any machine before I start with coins.
Even rings and earrings. Beach.
The Sovereign GT I use a silver quarter to set the meter at 500. Then note where nickels,, buffalo and war. Silver dime ,, copper pennies and an Indian come in at on the meter. Funny ,, coppers and big silver. Quarters and up All ring right at or very near 500.
Now I'll be using the large Cent as well.
With the Sovereign it's more that wonderful sounding vrhooooom sound that's saying DIG.

Tejon as per your tips an tricks.
Been doing this since I got the info.
Days before I got the Tejon.
Thanks for that.
(Though I wish I could find all of it.)
That a book maybe ?

I set the primary disc to accept nickels and not most tabs which I also carry for setting.
And secondary to not accept zinc. Around tab on knob. That's the copper silver CK.
Latter I'll set primary to just knock out rusty nails.
And secondary to accept nickels.
My everything else setting.
The ATPro and Simplex and Explorer XS.
I note where the objects of interest come in at on the soil of every location I'm detecting.
Though when I feeling upto it I'll dig any nice sounding signal and the nice variables to cover masked targets.
With Tejon being a new machine to me and surprisingly deep. I'll have to experiment with burying the silver and copper at 4-8" and PRATICE lifting the coil. It's power is just throwing me off.
So far especially at this incredibly trashy site. Like detecting a junk yard. I run sens around 6-8.
CK deep iffies at max where I can.

How's that sound ?

Last edited:
Congrats! I hope to get out one day soon and dig, too. I've been saying that for way too long!
Thanks RickW
Boy oh boy am I Sore.
Three days poking around just 1-2 hrs tops.
Took a break Sunday.
Monday I couldn't stand up from squatting down.
Took Monday off work.
Little better today though still surprisingly sore and achy. Maybe this nasty cold wet Misty foggy crap is doing it. Though I never got affected like that before ?
Yup
Do go slow. We don't want to put ourselves back in bed. 😳😅
Hope to see some special finds of yours.

How's that sound ?
In my opinion, it sounds like you are on the right path. Here is another thing to consider. When you turn the sensitivity down, it shrinks the coil's footprint. Sometimes it helps to temporarily turn it down to help separate signals. It is still fairly deep turned down to zero, especially with your large coil.

There is a book called "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors" available on line.

I am praying for you to recover completely. Never give up!

In my opinion, it sounds like you are on the right path. Here is another thing to consider. When you turn the sensitivity down, it shrinks the coil's footprint. Sometimes it helps to temporarily turn it down to help separate signals. It is still fairly deep turned down to zero, especially with your large coil.

There is a book called "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors" available on line.

I am praying for you to recover completely. Never give up!
Again Thank You PW.
Good Info. Will definitely give it a try.
I'm just overwhelmed with the flat cans and junkyard level of trash from 3 dozed buildings.
On property next door. Same soil just almost nothing in the ground. Tightened the tune to solid copper and silver in second disc,, all the way right..
Hopefully cherry picking. And going to try VCO again. I like the variable tone. Like my Sovereign.
Just gonna have to dig All those sweet sounding cans.
Laying on top of the clean ground next door.
The large cent and a peace dollar fade out lifting the coil at about 10-12 inch's. The fade in the VCO was quite obvious. Slow and progressively to nothing.
Not screaming beyond 6 inch's like the flat cans.
I think I have a ballpark for the large coins. We'll see...