Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sad commentary on the hobby

Sanderling

Check out this recent brief article. It is no wonder that people like this give us all a bad reputation. More and more public parks and schools are prohibiting the pursuit of our hobby. Met a guy from Georgia a couple weeks ago who was telling me about all the CW relics he has found. Where he hunts is a Federally protected battlefield and he just sneaks on at night with his detector.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/28/relic-thieves-desecrate-civil-war-battlefield-in-virginia.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Often it's a matter of greed which leads to desecration and looting, but in case such as this it is a matter of greed and a complete lack of care or comprehension of the damage done to perhaps thousands of people who are relatives of those who fell in that particular battle. A low low act.

The SAD part today is that most are not held accountable for their actions
and MONEY just buys their freedom back.So more people risk SELLING
their SOULS for an act that most good people would never even think
about stooping so low. America has taken a BAD FALL these days and
it's future isn't looking so GOOD!!! Glad I saw the" GOOD OL DAYS".
MORALS in this Country are at an all time LOW!!!
silverseeker 2

Dont believe everything you read and only half of what you see... it might have happened just as described but there are several other possibilities. ..just saying

No more commentary by the park police--must have realized that critters dig holes--naah, that would require too much insight for guvmint drones.

Would of been great if that article had a picture of the desecration.
Wild boars can completely upturn a field, not to mention hungry coyotes digging for burrowers.
You'd hope these park officials are smart enough to tell the difference between human and animal diggings.

Still, there are and always will be human Aholes out there.

That's because people don't give a crap today , morals and values is becoming a thing of past. I worked for parks dept. and seen a grass field hit by a detectorist who used a shovel and left each shovel clod laying overturned next to hole with rocks and debris all over the place ! it made me sick to look at it to say the least