Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sadly...not that impressed!!

Actually the Barber was down only 4". A $100 detector would have found it. :lmfao:

The impressive part of the Deus is that I can write in all my favourite detectors into it, but they are just not quite as good as the original. My Fisher program is very close, almost can't tell it apart. However, the Wilson program is very chirpy compared to the real thing. I can't figure out how to make it more quite. I like the Wilson for that reason...very quite until it actually has a good signal.

Any suggestions on how to make this program I have less chatty?

The Wilson is a 1 tone silent search detector.Would like to see your program to emulate a Deus into a single tone silent search Wilson.
While your at it would be nice if you shared Johns programs with your Deus buddies. Thanks Arthur.

Wilson Program

DISC. 30
Expert. 2 Tone
Expert tone 2 - 400 Hz
SENS. 80
FREQ. 7K
IRON VOL. 0
REAC. 2
Expert SILENCER -1
AUDIO RE. 7
NOTCH. 97 - 99

I honestly don't know anything about how the Wilson operates, but your Disc = 30 will reduce your depth with the Deus. So for Wilson program you might consider lowering your Disc to 5 or less, and then using a notch from wherever you set your Disc up to 30. I think you will effectively achieve what you want without sacrificing depth.
Rich

samandnoah said:
I honestly don't know anything about how the Wilson operates, but your Disc = 30 will reduce your depth with the Deus. So for Wilson program you might consider lowering your Disc to 5 or less, and then using a notch from wherever you set your Disc up to 30. I think you will effectively achieve what you want without sacrificing depth.
Rich

I have a token the size of a half dollar buried 10" in my test garden and it nails it no problem with 30 disc. Even 2" above the ground! In my area almost never do we find coins down deeper than this. With a single tone you have no way of knowing if you are over foil or coin without disc to eliminate what you don't want.

If your comfortable using those settings stick with them.
You can always make changes when you feel changes are required.

Don't adjust your detector because you can - adjust it if you need to - lots of people make Deus more complicated than it is ,make adjustment not knowing what it does . I find Deus menu is one of easiest to use .I use whites top machine also and it is much more adjustable and I like it too .I dig targets 8"- 10" deep with both of them , get to know your machine - that applies to ( any machine) is the key - Deus has advantage on any because of it weight and ease of waterproofing for fresh water hunting .
That 's my five cents
Jan
Ps: I am in Canada too

I think it's great that you have a Wilson! I know of only one guy that has it and haven't seen him in years! Just kidding! But if you can do what I saw you have stick with it. Your good at it and don't have any one tell
you different. The main thing is that your happy with it, that's 99% of metal detecting. For me I had different detectors and found stuff but not like the Deus does. I know it gets a little to get use to it but once you do!
It will be like your Wilson. DON'T get rid of your Wilson! Keep both and be happy. Frustration, discouragement come fast in this sport and don't let it get you down. Keep on detecting with what ever you think makes you
happy!!!!

Deus Swinger

deus swinger said:
I think it's great that you have a Wilson! I know of only one guy that has it and haven't seen him in years! Just kidding! But if you can do what I saw you have stick with it. Your good at it and don't have any one tell
you different. The main thing is that your happy with it, that's 99% of metal detecting. For me I had different detectors and found stuff but not like the Deus does. I know it gets a little to get use to it but once you do!
It will be like your Wilson. DON'T get rid of your Wilson! Keep both and be happy. Frustration, discouragement come fast in this sport and don't let it get you down. Keep on detecting with what ever you think makes you
happy!!!!

Deus Swinger

I have been detecting for over 16 years now pretty regularly. No one, and I mean no one I detect with uses anything as old as I do and they do not have any more to show for it than I do with their new machines. I just find the Deus learning curve too steep for me for very little payoff over my existing machines. I'm sure if I had put 100's of hours on the Deus by now I'd see it different. I'm not a clad hunter. I hunt for old coins and relics. 99% of that stuff is within 8" in my area. All my existing detectors find them relatively easily. The Deus unfortunately did not make that task easier for me hunting sites I know what I should be finding there.

last Wilson I swung was a tennis racket , never even heard of its detector name sake, and well probably wont be adding a deus either so may as well just shut my mouth and bugga off right :biggrin: but I agree if you get on with what ever it is in life keep it :bouncy:

AJ