Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari and Salt water beach- Question

eagle52

Has any of you guys/ gals used Safari in shallow salt water ,wet sand or dry sand if so would you post info how did it work
Thank you.
Jan.

Worked fine. Just be EXTREMELY paranoid about letting the salt (or any for that matter) water run up your shaft to the control box. I was never more than ankle deep with mine. The only chattering/instability I ever heard was a narrow zone where the wet sand transitioned to dry and that wasn't all the time.

fwiw, I once met a new Safari user at the beach who was having all kinds of instability. But he had an aftermarket coil on his machine, and after he tried my machine, we both concluded that the coil was probably the problem. (he wasn't sure if the coil was designed to work with a Safari, just that it was "a good saltwater coil").

Yeah it works great in the salt water & wet sand. You do have to be careful not to raise the coil up in the air after it's been in the water, as the water can run down the inside of the shaft & inside the control box, GL

I used to use mine in both dry and wet sand going up and in ankle deep with great success but now I use an AT Pro in and around the water line. The chances that I would drop and ruin my Safari were just too high so I stay away from the water line and still use it in the wet sand but I stay well away from the water line.
What will happen is you will pick up a great gold signal near or in the water line and want to dig before the next wave comes in! Unless you have your Safari tethered to you so it doesn't drop in the water, your machine eventually will get splashed with salt water and then it's toasted.
The biggest investment you will make is in your detectors and I figure none of us can afford to be buying new ones too often! Hey, it's Christmas time so throw the hint out that you would like an AT Pro for Christmas and tell your wife you'll give her the first diamond ring you find with it......that'll seal the deal:clapping:

My thought are the same as Goldstrike's. I got an Excalibur and no longer take my Safari anywhere near the water.