Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari finds a big chunk of Confederate Lead!

TomH

Folks,

Back from the BMW Hunt in Orange County, VA and my Safari found me a good one, a rare .69 cal Gardner bullet! I was running at the ragged edge all weekend and that orange VA soil was a challenge as always but this find certainly made my dig. I also got a perfect Eagle coat button that turned out to be a repro (damn, damn, damn) and some camp lead.

I met a bunch of great people and a great time was had by all.

Tom Henrique

Nice find Tom. Way to work that coil. You made us proud and the Safari look good.
HH,
Bunker

Bunker,

My second best find was a Garrett Pro Pointer hiding in the tall grass. When my coil passed over it, it nearly blew my headphones off. About 20 minutes later the owner came looking for it so I got to make somebody really happy.

TomH

Thats great Tom, you must have quite a collection of bullets and buttons by now. Its good to see you made another hunter very happy with the finding of his pro pointer. Kudos to you!! :detecting:Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the comments. Most of my collection of bullets and cartridges can be viewed at www.baymediapro.com/collection but they are all bought and not dug by me. I have tried to find perfect examples of as many patents and patterns as possible and have been collecting for about 15 years and have just under 500 unique bullet styles and about 150 cartridges. A labor of love. I also collect Model 61/63 Rifle Muskets but that is for another forum :lol:

The woman that owned the Garrett actually ran across a large field and got me in a bear hug when she found out I found her pinpointer. It really made my day to be able to make someone that happy. Later in the day I was working another field and looked up to see her bringing me a bottle of water because she felt I looked thirsty! I appreciated that as much as she did the pointer!

Later,
TomH