Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari finds some CS lead

TomH

Folks,

Had a chance to get out at lunchtime to a "hunted out" field that was occupied by CS troops on Lee's approach and retreat from G'Burg, as well as Federal troops following the CS retreat. In a little over an hour I got a .54 cal CS Gardner Patent bullet and a melted "campfire" bullet. I am liking this machine more each time I get out with it. The melted bullet was below ten inches and was edge up. I got a deep iron signal (-10, bottom of depth scale) with a little chirp (jump to +33) at the end of the sound. The signal was repeatable with a 90 degree change in swing direction so I decided to dig. After removing a shovel full of dirt (about 6 inches) the signal completely went away until I cleaned all the loose dirt out of the hole. At that point it gave a steady 33 and that lovely flutey tone.

Last week I got a .58 cal Gardner, a three groove minie ball and a .58 cal roundball (probably a modern bullet) from the same field in a short dig. For this area, that is not a bad yield in a relatively short time.

Later,
Tom Henrique

Thanks for the positive post Tom!! This is certainly a reaffirmation of the quality of the safari once you have a tuned ear. Good Job!!! Ron :detecting: