Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari, my first Minelab!

Good choice, as you have noticed. Got mine in Aug already found 2 gold rings one a class ring, retuned to owner after 35 years and a silver class ring, still looking for owner.
Hunting in high iron/ coin& jewelry, iron areas are not a problem.
Most of my silver finds are in high iron areas with the threshold nulled out.
The ID numbers may be a little slow with all the beeps but trust the machine
it want miss the good targets. I hunt a lot if sites where the house has been torn down
you know how trashy those are. Yet I would like to work on lowering the sen.
to see if I lose much or any depth, maybe a new thread LOW SENSITIVITY/DEPTH, what do you think ?

At what sensitivity do you typically operate, Seven?

Markinga...... I have tried both auto sensitivity, and manual.
I lean more towards using auto, because my Safari seems to be very stable there. And it still finds coins at very good depth.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it......

happy hunting!

Auto sen., starting to play with sens some, as of now I really don't see a need to.
I do think if you want more depth relic mode does help.

Agree KennyD, the Safari is so iron sensitive it's more stable to run in auto.
I tried running at 17 or so, but the chatter gets to be to much.