Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SAFARI or E-TRAC for PROSPECTING ???

St Bernard

Can either one of these two detectors be used for looking for any kind of gold? My self I am not interested in the Equinox series of new Minelab detectors until maybe 3 o4 years down the road when they prove them self. I do like to do coin and jewelry
detecting. I had a Whites V3i a few years back and did not like it so sold it. Your feedback greatly appreciated

Thanks Bill

Minelabs are very versitile and owning several myself i have no question it will find many types of gold. I'm with you on the wait befor i jump on any other new Minelabs lol with all the hype i dont know what or who to believe lol so my Safari and i will have to find the good stuff for now.

St Bernard said:
Can either one of these two detectors be used for looking for any kind of gold? My self I am not interested in the Equinox series of new Minelab detectors until maybe 3 o4 years down the road when they prove them self. I do like to do coin and jewelry
detecting. I had a Whites V3i a few years back and did not like it so sold it. Your feedback greatly appreciated

Thanks Bill

Depends what you mean by "any kind of gold" I'm guessing gold rings or bigger gold items? I'm sure it would hit on larger nuggets but not a very small fine gold that you usually get from streams that might have gold in them.
The Safari will give you a strong signal when a gold ring or a bigger piece of gold i.e. crucifix/cross, medallion, earing is under the coil but just like most other detectors, it won't hit on very small fine chains. If I wanted to nugget or picker gold hunt, I'd choose a dedicated gold detector. Also neither the Safari or Etrac are submersible if you plan to take them nugget hunting around and in streams/rivers etc;.
I'm assuming the Etrac is pretty much the same as the Safari and wouldn't be good on tiny nuggets or those small fine chains etc; but awesome on rings!

The NOX is a better gold detector than the FBS detectors like the safari and etrac especially on small gold since it can run at higher frequencies. The NOX has a gold program. You may want to reconsider you decision. The NOX is a great coin shooting machine as well. If looking for jewelry is something you like to do, the NOX is waterproof making it great for swimming holes and beaches.

If you are interested in a detector for gold go to youtube and see "Gigmaster" gold test with the Nox.

It pretty much slams the other gold detectors but judge for yourself...its pretty educational.

You may have seen some of his videos already.