Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari or T2 SE

Well I've decided to either order the T2 or the Safari. I've owned a number of Minelabs and Teknetics over the years and like them both. Mostly relic hunt. Any advice on deciding will be appreciated. Thanks.

For relic hunting, I'd vote the T2 as I feel it is more configured to relic hunting than the Safari is.

n/t

The T-2 and F-75 are both supposed to be beasts when it comes to relic hunting, though the Safari is also often used for relic hunting.

I have owned/used both....

The Safari is just a tuned-down Etrac. Tuned down in the fact that it doesn't have the customization of the ETrac (I am running an Etrac now). You can't make patterns and download them, and some of the custom stuff is pre-set on the Safari.... BUT !... it still uses the platform that makes the Etrac a BEAST! The same FBS technology, the coil, FE-CO, discrim, sounds, etc. The Safari doesn't get the press that it should. It falls somewhere between the X-Terra line and the Etrac. If you don't care about making modes and patterns, and templates on your laptop for you Etrac, then why get the Etrac? get the Safari or Explorer? Save the cash and have a silver-monster that is quiet, does great in all soils, and you can use on the beach.

I had a T2 and had the stock coil and the SEF 12x15 coil. The T2 is way more chattier than the Safari. It's also almost cookie cutter to the F75 and Fisher runs some HOT HOT machines! They are really sensitive, if you run them hot. I love running a hot machine and don't mind the chatter. I run my AT Pro as hot as it will go and with the Iron Audio on and peple think I am nuts! BUT! I'll find that 14KT back of an earing under 3 nails that people missed for the last 20 years. I may go insane from the chatter in 5 years, but oh well. put me in a padded room. The T2 also has a faster swing speed than the Safari. Fast vs. Slow n low. 2 different styles.

Either machine will do you well. You have 2 top machines. What happens with either depends on you. learn your machine. I had an Fisher F2 that I used a TON! I knew it inside and out and every little sound and warble it made and what it was or could be. I hunted with a guy with a new MXT Pro. He got the detector and day one said 'WHO WANTS TO GET OWNED TODAY?' who had no idea what he was doing, but had the cash and wanted to find 'the Holy Grail'. I smoked him all day long with the F2. Fisher's crappy little detector for under 200 bucks.

The more you use either of them the better you will get... yeah luck is involved... but the more you will find...

I love my T2se & wouldn't tell you not to get one. It's well balanced & easy to swing. I use a 13" Ultimate coil on mine, it's a deep machine. It loves coins & brass. HH D