Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari or X Terra 705

bd1024

Hi everyone, new member here, hoping to get some opinions. I detected a few years in the past, and left the hobby for other pusuits. Want to get back into the hobby, and am seeking some advice. In the past, I owned a x-terra 705, and a Safari. I sold the Safari pretty quickly, frankly, because I could'nt fiqure out how to work it properly. After switching to the X-terra 705, and going through a learning curve, I become competent with the unit, but never an "expert" ---- Only wanting to purchase 1 unit, this time, I need help deciding on which one. ----- I have the oportunity to serch a farm field where a large airliner crash occured about 50 years ago. Many were killed, and the wreckage was scattered over an approximate 10 acre area. The field has been farmed yearly since the accident, (is not a memorial sight, that was established in a cemetary where remains were buried) ----- Crops grown since the accident, have been corn and soybeans. ---- My friend has not allowed hunting on the property, and I will be the first person to hunt there with full permission. ----- I hope to recover rings, necklaces, watches, etc. Soli is mild, so balanceing should not be an issue. -- Not to be gruesome, but the crash was horriffic and no bodies were found intact. --- My friend says he turns up pieces of the wreckage every year, which makes me think finds should be very possible, even after all these years. -----So, what would be your dectector of choice? Safari, (after a learning curve), or X-terra 705, with the 18.75 coil, a 7.5 coil, or a 3? --- Do I need multiple coils with a Safari? --- Lastly, I had a friend who was a member here from the Albany NY area. He bought my 705 and a couple othe detectors from me, and was a big help in helping me to learn the 705. Can't remember his name,(maybe John?), but he once founf a gold "grill" at a city park. If your out there, let me know. --- Ethically, I see no difference in hunting this field than a civil war battlesight, If I were to find something that was identifiable, I would make efforts to return to family. Appreciate your help, Thanks, BD1024

Kinda creepy.

On the detecting front, I am getting the Safari. I was actually going to order a 705 but the multi-frequency Safari is what reeled me in. My whole hunting life I have always used single frequency machines and wanted to try something different. Combine that with a horrible Garrett experience and I went with Minelab. I was also looking at a CZ3D but could not find a dealer that gave more than a $7 discount.