Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari question?

sasquache

How many who use the Safari with the stock 11 inch fbs coil actually get deep repeatable high tone or should i say good tone signals? Yesterday i went to a old horse track that is now a big athletic park next too a river i have hunted this park for a number of years and always seem to pull barbers,mercs,Washington's,indians,wheatys,buffs,liberty nickles and on occasion a standing luberty half plus numerous buttons,horse related item's. So yesterday ran my Safari in Coin and Coin and jewelry modes and on occasion all metal to check some of these deep HIGH tones i was getting i run sensativity at between 16 amd 18 now i could not get any repeatable HIGH tones for that deep silver or anything deep to be repeatable now with that said the park has been over laid with gravel and sand in places and other places it is old soil, is this sand and gravel presenting a issue to detect through? I'm thinking this park is far from hunted out . Lobe to know everyones opinions on this. Thanks Paul

sasquache said:
How many who use the Safari with the stock 11 inch fbs coil actually get deep repeatable high tone or should i say good tone signals? Yesterday i went to a old horse track that is now a big athletic park next too a river i have hunted this park for a number of years and always seem to pull barbers,mercs,Washington's,indians,wheatys,buffs,liberty nickles and on occasion a standing luberty half plus numerous buttons,horse related item's. So yesterday ran my Safari in Coin and Coin and jewelry modes and on occasion all metal to check some of these deep HIGH tones i was getting i run sensativity at between 16 amd 18 now i could not get any repeatable HIGH tones for that deep silver or anything deep to be repeatable now with that said the park has been over laid with gravel and sand in places and other places it is old soil, is this sand and gravel presenting a issue to detect through? I'm thinking this park is far from hunted out . Lobe to know everyones opinions on this. Thanks Paul

I'm in West Coast environment so my end result may be different than yours.

First... I've gone back and forth from the '11 stock coil and the SEF 8x6 and for me the 8x6 works so much better in trashy areas so there is no reason for me to ever hunt with the stock unless I'm hunting a trash free area... which is rare for me anyways. Also, the stock coil seems to make the weight so much heavier. The 8x6 is a blessing to have.

I don't have any experience hunting in sand so I can't suggest anything here. I do however try to avoid re-landscaped/infilled areas (depending on area) as I don't find as much there. I like hunting hard dirt and areas of landscaping that has had minimal changes to the soil. Most of my silvers/coppers come from these undisturbed areas.

I hunt in manual sens between 16 - 18 and get better results than in auto mode. Lately I've been digging a lot of iffy signals and my good coin finds have shot way up. Could not do it with the stock coil due to it's inability to separate the signals as effectively as the 8x6.

It sounds like the areas of your former horse track that have been over laid with gravel/sand is the reason for not getting the signals. There could now be a thicker layer over what was originally there...just my guess. Go back over the areas where the ground has been less disturbed and see what you can pick up and compare.

That is so true Happa54 they did put lots of fill and most of my coin finds have been from area's that were not touched i will go back and scan slowely whp knows may still pull a oldy from the depths. Thank you for the info.