Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari takes Back seat

Well I finally found a ML Equinox 800, it's on its way, so Safari will be my backup detector.

Cant wait to see if the Equinox lives up to all the reviews I've seen & read.

I won't ever sell my Safari it's been good to me.Found lots of silver, a couple Spanish Reals, Spanish Cob, numerous Large Cents, my one and only

KG3 and the list goes on

probably still break it out now & then for old times sake

Anyone else looking to make the switch to Equinox?

What you should do is take both detectors out.......mark out all the targets you find with the equinox and then go over the same targets with the safari.I wonder how many targets the safari will miss.:surprised:

I thought about doing the comparison to my Safari. I dont expect the Equinox to do much better as
far as depth goes I think where the Equinox will win is in recovery speed picking up those targets close to iron. If it doesn't I will be
disappointed. I also wanted the NOX for the waterproof feature so I can get in the water
and not worry about it getting wet.

Excellent MetalMiner I'm not so sure if i can put my Safari as a back up it has proven time and time agane to find me good targets in trash/iron laiden area's but im curious on how the Equinox compares to the Safari but there are many variances between the two but any how good luck with it and please let us know your results.

Have either of you used the Safari as far as hunting CW relics? I had considered Safari in the past, now comes the Equinox. It will be interesting to see how these two detectors will compare as far as depth, and recovery speed. The Equinox 800 is still around $ 100.00 less and is waterproof.

Confetrit said:
Have either of you used the Safari as far as hunting CW relics? I had considered Safari in the past, now comes the Equinox. It will be interesting to see how these two detectors will compare as far as depth, and recovery speed. The Equinox 800 is still around $ 100.00 less and is waterproof.
As far as depth there a match but the recovery speed is way faster on the Equonox then the Safari bit all i do is use my 10 x 5 sef coil and go slow i dont miss much.

I've found quite a few CW buttons with my Safari, my best being a EAGLE Infantry button with alot of gold gilt still attached.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the Nox, thought Id let it simmer a while and see if it lives up to the hype. The weight and recovery speed just might convince me. I wont let go of my Safari either, she's like an old comfortable of jeans

MetalMiner said:
Well I finally found a ML Equinox 800, it's on its way, so Safari will be my backup detector.

Cant wait to see if the Equinox lives up to all the reviews I've seen & read.

I won't ever sell my Safari it's been good to me.Found lots of silver, a couple Spanish Reals, Spanish Cob, numerous Large Cents, my one and only

KG3 and the list goes on

probably still break it out now & then for old times sake

Anyone else looking to make the switch to Equinox?

I have the Nox 600 now. Unfortunately, since aggressively swinging the Safari my tendonitis has returned and I was forced to swing a light weight machine. But I will say this.... the Nox has not produced anything more or better than my Safari. The one thing about the Nox is its recovery speed. Coming from the Safari, you will be blown away at all the signals coming at you at lightning speed. My detecting time on the Nox is nothing like that on my Safari but time will prove the differences between the two. But as it stands, I love my Safari and it stays.

That is a great looking Eagle I button. One of my best looking buttons is an Eagle I coat button, and a Confetrit' South Carolina state seal cuff button. Both like yours, still has a good bit of the gold gilt remaining. Amazing how well some of these buttons are able to hold up in good soil after so many years.

I just got a gently used 600 from a forum member. Got a heck of a dea, just couldn't pass it up. I played with it at home a bit, hopefully get out tomorrow and try it out. I know I have a lot to learn . I'll never sell the Safari, she's like an old favorite pair of jeans