Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari VID?

I received my Safari Friday. Made the decision to get one because of everything I have read about it. First time out to my test garden I was ready to sell it. Drove me nuts. I stuck with it because I knew it had to be a good machine. As of right now, i like it more every time I use it. No false signals as of yet. Seems like a very honest machine.
My question is after you get a target VID, does it just stay there all the time until you get another signal? Mine does. I wish after a few seconds it would clear, but mine does not. Does yours do the same? Thanks

Yes it stays there until another target is detected.

Yes, so does depth.
After test garden go to an elementary school play ground for practice.
When I first got mine we went to one. School was about 10 yrs old & in a
rich town. Playground was behind school & you couldnt see it from any road.
In 2 afternoons we got over $40 plus and some .925. Gives great practice on
the tones. Remember you can MD with it blind when you learn them.
Quite a few on this list also wanted to get rid of theirs but after learning it they
would never sell it.

c u later Tom
LFOD !

I am starting to fall into that category of never selling mine. I didn't know there was metal detectors like this out there. This is the first Minelab I have ever used. No falsing yet whatsoever. When I dig now, there is metal in that hole. All I can say is WOW. I know what they mean now about Minelabs. Once you use them "and learn them" you don't go back.

Also recheck your hole even if you find a piece of deep iron.

JJames1610 said:
I am starting to fall into that category of never selling mine. I didn't know there was metal detectors like this out there. This is the first Minelab I have ever used. No falsing yet whatsoever. When I dig now, there is metal in that hole. All I can say is WOW. I know what they mean now about Minelabs. Once you use them "and learn them" you don't go back.

JJames.... cross check between conductive and ferrous on coins and you will find you will dig less junk. LEARN the tones and you will do well. I don't think I'd ever sell it but I'm still on the fence with buying the Etrac but most likely not, due to the progress and discoveries I've made in working with THE BEAST. Good luck and happy hunting!!!